Harvard Status

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SpeakLittleB

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted my app on Oct. 20, and they've been telling me ever since that all that needs to happen is for them to download my virtual evaluations. It's not happening. I emailed them last week again. *sigh* Anyone similar? I've just been hearing everyone else that submitted later than me are complete already.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not complete yet either, and I submitted at around the same time as you. I guess we can email them now that it is past Dec 15th.

If you can forgive my getting off topic: I'm curious, how do virtual evals work? Is it something your school set up for you, or did you use a 3rd party service, or what? What are the pros and cons for it?

It's just the system used by my school. The school's office scans all my rec letters into digital form and simply upload it to the med schools that I request.

The pros SHOULD be that this process is faster and letters won't get lost in the mail... but there are cons, like, schools (as here) that are dilatory themselves in downloading these forms. I suppose when it's on paper, they are more compelled to file them. But also, not all med schools have converted to virtual evals yet (although most have), and so i personally think it makes the premed office confused. For example, they forgot to mail the hard copies to many of my california schools since those aren't on the virtual system.

It's not a system you choose, I think. It just depends on whether your school does it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interesting. Thanks for the info. =)

I guess they are finally getting around to it. I received my NP/MSTP interview date yeserday.

Anybody else hear back recently?

... I am STILL NOT COMPLETE! ahhh. i give up. lol.

I sent a missing recommendation a couple months ago (dunno how they lost that one, I sent them all as a packet....). Still no word.

Just got back from the NP/MDPhD, had a good time. Was actually the most relaxing and challenging interview I have had, it was both at the same time! You guys should have a good time when you go.

Just got back from the NP/MDPhD, had a good time. Was actually the most relaxing and challenging interview I have had, it was both at the same time! You guys should have a good time when you go.

I'm glad it went well :) Did you hear by any chance whether or until when invites are still sent out for the MD-PhD program?

They didnt say. But I'm pretty sure this was the 2nd or 3rd MSTP date I was at. And since it was a fairly large group ~25, not sure how many are left.

I JUST DID THE SMARTEST THING EVER. ok, well maybe not ever... but i don't know why i never realized that HMS could transfer u to the md/phd office. I figured that since the md/phd website doesn't have a contact number, that they don't want to be contacted.

So I found out that, yes, I am still incomplete and I will have to wait. But also that mstp is still reviewing applications for their last 2 interview dates. However, if the medical school does not finish processing their applications until February, they WILL schedule an additional mstp interview date in Feb for those applicants that they choose to interview.