Harvard Update

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
W

wizziefiend

Anyone received an update in any form from Harvard lately? I've called all hours of the day throughout the past week and have gotten nothing. They must be awefully busy. No response to emails or letters either!

I suppose the class is near full, anyone hear? Any current HSDM students know previous year details around this time?

Members don't see this ad.

I just got an acceptance call from them this morning. When I was there for an interview (feb. 20) they said they really hate it when people keep calling and calling and it makes you 'look crazy' (their words, not mine), so I would just keep patient and hope! Good luck

So I've already been accepted to dental school, but I regret not applying to Harvard, didn't think I had a chance (probably didn't). Anyways, did everyone who was accepted take calculus II, like their website says? Did you guys also have killer SAT scores and have high GPAs in high school. I ask that because for their supplemental app., they request high school transcripts and SAT scores.

Members don't see this ad :)
So I've already been accepted to dental school, but I regret not applying to Harvard, didn't think I had a chance (probably didn't). Anyways, did everyone who was accepted take calculus II, like their website says? Did you guys also have killer SAT scores and have high GPAs in high school. I ask that because for their supplemental app., they request high school transcripts and SAT scores.

I was and engineer, so I already had the calc. My high school SAT and grades were just average but were probably irrelevant because I graduated from hs in 1994. I didn't think I had a chance with Harvard, but I got in. Of all 18 schools I applied to I only got 2 interviews, temple and harvard....

interesting...i got into harvard and i dont think i ever sent them my high school transcript or SAT score.

Im going to Harvard and to be honest, I don't think the high school grades and SAT score are all that important. I really didn't do too well on either and I think it's just so they can see trends in the applicants academic life.

Interesting, well did you guys do research? I've heard Harvard is big on the research. Thanks for the feedback.

Yeah, I don't think much importance is placed on SAT scores and high school stuff. My test scores were high, but my HS grades were just so-so (I didn't become a non-slacker until college :laugh:).

With regard to research, I just did a few months of pedagogical/social science-type research back in my sophomore year. Tons of hard science research isn't required, though I'm sure it helps! :)

Regarding the OP's question, the HSDM site says that the selection of the class will be finished in "March 2007," so maybe they're busy finalizing everything.. Not sure though :)

I think most people going to Harvard did some form of research. I did two years of research on asthmatic bronchial contriction in a pharmaceutical lab at UConn, and got published last summer.