Harvard Waitlist 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

carmensandiego

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, just found out I am on the waitlist. Anyone else in my boat? What does this mean? (How many, how long, etc).

Members don't see this ad.

... how did you find out? did you get a letter?

Members don't see this ad :)
when did you get the letter?

dang waitlist sucks. And I think when it comes to a school like harvard, not many people will say no.

dang waitlist sucks. And I think when it comes to a school like harvard, not many people will say no.
True...
Btw, just wondering if you are talking about yourself being waitlisted at Harvard and saying it sucks. Or do you know for sure you will go to Stony Brook no matter what?
Thank you and I wish you the best, w/e you go ;):thumbup:

True...
Btw, just wondering if you are talking about yourself being waitlisted at Harvard and saying it sucks. Or do you know for sure you will go to Stony Brook no matter what?
Thank you and I wish you the best, w/e you go ;):thumbup:
idk about you, but if Harvard called up the day before school started i would attend!

idk about you, but if Harvard called up the day before school started i would attend!

Of course I would too :D!! The reason I asked is bec/ NyCzPeter's signature is AwsomeBrook School of Dentistry 2013! And he said something about being waitlisted sucks. So I got a little curious if he was waitlisted too bec/ I was curious as to how many ppl are in the waitlist, just like the OP was wondering...

All I know is this: GL to us all :D:xf:
Hopefully we are all classmates :D

Of course I would too :D!! The reason I asked is bec/ NyCzPeter's signature is AwsomeBrook School of Dentistry 2013! And he said something about being waitlisted sucks. So I got a little curious if he was waitlisted too bec/ I was curious as to how many ppl are in the waitlist, just like the OP was wondering...

Harvard sends out acceptances to only 15-17 applicants on december 1st. and almost half of the class comes off from the waitlist. Harvard's waitlist is different from other schools. They put their potential candidates on the wait list and wait until december 15th because they actually go through every application. I believe that the waitlist will move after december 15th. Not only that many applicants are accepted from the waitlist but last year for the class of 35, a total of 53 acceptances were sent out. So approx 15 students decline their offer.

Harvard sends out acceptances to only 15-17 applicants on december 1st. and almost half of the class comes off from the waitlist. Harvard's waitlist is different from other schools. They put their potential candidates on the wait list and wait until december 15th because they actually go through every application. I believe that the waitlist will move after december 15th. Not only that many applicants are accepted from the waitlist but last year for the class of 35, a total of 53 acceptances were sent out. So approx 15 students decline their offer.

that data, from the 2008 ADEA, is from two app cycles ago. the data from last year will be published in the 2009 ADEA book that comes out in Feb. at my interview, anne said last year they only handed out somewhere in the low 40s acceptances. so less than 10 people declined to go to harvard... with such a small class size, the numbers must fluctuate greatly from year to year, and we'll just have to wait and see... good luck to all of you! :xf::luck:

well now i feel bad i'm not on the waitlist....:scared:

yes i was wondering that too, but i thought i'd just give the thread a little bump

Members don't see this ad :)
i got a waitlist letter today. has anyone called to ask anne if she can tell us where we rank on the waitlist?

That is a good idea! I didn't do it. If you are doing it can you let us know?

That is a good idea! I didn't do it. If you are doing it can you let us know?

sure i will call tomorrow mornign keep you informed. i cant lose anymore weight/sleep over this, so im going to do everythign i can to get the info

sure i will call tomorrow mornign keep you informed. i cant lose anymore weight/sleep over this, so im going to do everythign i can to get the info
thanks, i'll definitely be checking this thread.

i wonder, i haven't been placed on the waitlist :eek: is that a bad sign or a good sign? or at least i have not received a letter or email stating i was waitlisted yet!! :scared:

sajjy, how do you know that half of the class comes off from the waitlist and they've only accepted 15 to 17 students so far? do you have any reliable source that you might let us know?

thanks!

sajjy, how do you know that half of the class comes off from the waitlist and they've only accepted 15 to 17 students so far? do you have any reliable source that you might let us know?

thanks!
Ms. Anne Berg told us this at the interview, and also i have two friends who have both told me that a large amount of the class come off the waitlist, and that the waitlist really moves.

if you're put on the waitlist this early, i would think that's a positive sign

Ms. Anne Berg told us this at the interview, and also i have two friends who have both told me that a large amount of the class come off the waitlist, and that the waitlist really moves.

if you're put on the waitlist this early, i would think that's a positive sign

great to hear that :thumbup:

thanks

I got an email from An BVerg on Dec 2 saying my application is still under review. I had interviewed ten days earlier. Is that waitlist or is that just that they didnt have a chance to finish reviewing my application

I got an email from An BVerg on Dec 2 saying my application is still under review. I had interviewed ten days earlier. Is that waitlist or is that just that they didnt have a chance to finish reviewing my application

On December 1st, there was a glitch in their system and three emails were sent. But later that day, another email was sent about the glitch in the system. That is not the waitlist because i have heard that they ask applicants (through snail mail) if they want to be on the waitlist.

i got that e-mail too. it was unrelated to the glitch one day prior. not everyone got that email. it said something like a decision will be made on your app in 2 weeks or so. i interviewed on oct 10th though so i dont know why a decision had not yet been made. hopefully we'll hear something next week.

Hiya guys,
I just called the office to see if they can tell me whereabouts on the waitlist that I am, and they cant because once they get ready to make new offers they review our files all over again and rank them a second time.
They havent offered all 35 of their spots, because they are waiting to interview everyone.
Also last year they only took 3 people off of the waitlist, but previous years it was a lot more.
I know this doesnt feel like much info, but really all we can do (once again) is wait it out.

Also last year they only took 3 people off of the waitlist, but previous years it was a lot more.
:eek: That is a really small number. Hopefully this year they accept more:D Thank you pbrooks for calling them and asking. I wonder how many people are in the waiting list. Too bad they haven't told us that. If there are only 4 right now, that would be nice:D

Anyway, :luck::xf: GL to us :rolleyes:

:eek: That is a really small number. Hopefully this year they accept more:D Thank you pbrooks for calling them and asking. I wonder how many people are in the waiting list. Too bad they haven't told us that. If there are only 4 right now, that would be nice:D

I doubt I would go there even if I got in so I am not worried, but it would be nice to be accepted there. I guess there are like 20 spots left or so.

I am secretly hoping that the cost deters some people... maybe then they will take more off of the waitlist

me 2, klutzy, you interviewed there on Nov 20th!! i was there on nov 20th, we probably met haha

me 2, klutzy, you interviewed there on Nov 20th!! i was there on nov 20th, we probably met haha

Well, There was David Moisa, Rebecca Katz, Sean Tomalty, Me, and two others, a girl who I interviewed with the next day at Columbia and one other guy. Are you that last guy????

Well, There was David Moisa, Rebecca Katz, Sean Tomalty, Me, and two others, a girl who I interviewed with the next day at Columbia and one other guy. Are you that last guy????
haha apparently so, how did your interviews go...i was the one who's interview was one in the morning and then one during the financial aid presentation.

i must say that i really liked both of my interviewers, very nice and friendly

haha apparently so, how did your interviews go...i was the one who's interview was one in the morning and then one during the financial aid presentation.

i must say that i really liked both of my interviewers, very nice and friendly

I liked both of mine as well although one of them was an asian feloow who had a very heavy accent and I really had a difficult timwe understanding him. Sometimes when he said something that I thought was a joke but I couldnt nuderstand what he was saying I just smiled at him lol. The other interview went super well.

just from my curiosity :D does harvard still interview ppl now?

yep i believe that they do interviews until feb
thats what they did last year
I was told that they have quite a few to do

I doubt I would go there even if I got in so I am not worried, but it would be nice to be accepted there. I guess there are like 20 spots left or so.
Thank you for letting us know Klutzy.
I am secretly hoping that the cost deters some people... maybe then they will take more off of the waitlist

All I want is for the three of us (pbrooks, kkikkikka, and I) to get accepted and then go to a little cafe in Boston to celebrate and laugh at how worried we were :laugh::D Now that would be cool :xf::luck::thumbup:

heres hoping!!!
alwaysimproving whats your second choice (im assuming harvard=1) ?

heres hoping!!!
alwaysimproving whats your second choice (im assuming harvard=1) ?

Well, as you can see from my predents profile, there is not much to choose from. So my number 2 is UF bec/ it is my state school. Is harvard ur #1 too?

Well, as you can see from my predents profile, there is not much to choose from. So my number 2 is UF bec/ it is my state school. Is harvard ur #1 too?

your choices are looking better than mine! (check out my sad predents profile)
i believe harvard is my #1, UConn would also make me very happy!

your choices are looking better than mine! (check out my sad predents profile)
i believe harvard is my #1, UConn would also make me very happy!

Trust me, it doesn't matter. I heard my friend only got accepted at two places, harvard and somewhere else. So she had to go to harvard, since she got rejected from her state school. I think that sometimes things have a way of working themselves out :cool: So you can get rejected everywhere else. All you need is that one acceptance at your number 1 school and nothing else matters!!

GL and hope we all become future classmates :D PBrooks, I wish you the best:luck::xf:

Trust me, it doesn't matter. I heard my friend only got accepted at two places, harvard and somewhere else. So she had to go to harvard, since she got rejected from her state school. I think that sometimes things have a way of working themselves out :cool: So you can get rejected everywhere else. All you need is that one acceptance at your number 1 school and nothing else matters!!

GL and hope we all become future classmates :D PBrooks, I wish you the best:luck::xf:

Haha you are right, the waiting is really taking a toll on me though, as I am sure it is for everyone else!
i wish you all the best too, it would be great for both of us to go to our number one schools then i know there would be a supportive person around! :) congrats on the state school though, thats pretty exciting in itself

Did you guys send in the Form?
I sent it via regular mail and just got an email saying they received it today.

do you think that the Academic Update is REQUIRED for us? seeing as we were wait listed? or should we only update if it'll improve our gpa?

I do not know because I have already graduated college :D.

You can ask Betsy, she is really nice!

Hi all! I just joined but I wanted to let you know that I'm in the same boat waiting on harvard:( i was really surprised to just get an interview which was a great experience in itself but now I just want to know! GL to everyone in the waiting game!!!:)

hey guys im an undergrad, out of curiosity what were your DAT scores and GPA?

i think we are all just waiting to hear back...

waitlisted.... meh. no big.

Hi guys, just wanted to let you know that I am turning down Harvard in favor of my (less expensive) state school... so hopefully that means one more spot for one of you guys! :) It is a wonderful school... I'm sad I can't go but I know my spot is going to someone who really wants to be there. Best of luck!

Any news? I got waitlisted just yesterday; I imagine that's worse than being waitlisted early, since they probably already made offers to 35 people, right? I considered the waitlist letter to be pretty much a rejection plus a little prolonging of the agony. I didn't expect to get in, but I really wanted to. Does anyone have any new information on the waitlist?