Harvard waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chomper

I heart dentistry
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is a question for those who know/have experience with Harvards waitlist policy:

What does it really mean to be put on the waitlist for Harvard?? If there a viable chance of being accepted? or is getting passed up once put an applicant at a disadvantage?

Please only answer if you actually know about this.

Members don't see this ad.

Since everyone during my interview seemed to be a very "qualified" applicant, I wonder if Harvard sent out any rejections on Dec 1st? OR is eveyone who isn't accepted put on the waitlist....this would make a really long and competitive waitlist.

i was wondering the same question too...

Members don't see this ad :)
so if you interview there, is the default the waitlist? wow, it would seem to make a long waitlist

Hi, I went on my interview Nov 17th, and got Anne's call on Dec 1st. She and I both started crying on the phone... a little embarrassing.

BUT, I remember from my interview day that she kept emphasizing that being on H's waitlist is not bad or disadvantageous. In fact, they like to keep their spots open until the end of feb b/c they know a lot of qualified people apply in december. So, I'd call her and let her know you are still interested in the school.