Harvard Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

seahawks2012

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who else? Prob won't get off but we can dream I guess lol. I'm guessing they dont reject people after the interview

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Who else? Prob won't get off but we can dream I guess lol. I'm guessing they dont reject people after the interview
How did they let you know about being on the waiting list? Was it via a phone call or letter?

I'm assuming they only wait list people who have had an interview...? I still haven't heard a thing.

I'm assuming they only wait list people who have had an interview...? I still haven't heard a thing.

Ditto. When did you submit? I submitted 9/28. Yes, schools want to see you before they wait list you.

Ya if you interviewed. and it came by a letter. They only picked about a third of the class on dec. 3 and they wait until they interview more people before giving out more acceptances.

Someone will get in off the waitlist because I'm not attending HSDM...Wayyy too expensive! All of my family members think I'm crazy :laugh:

I actually applied on 6/6! Haha
I feel like we should get an interview... Like, we're not rejected at this point because they sent out that slew of rejections (as I saw here on SDN) and we both didn't receive one.

I actually applied on 6/6! Haha
I feel like we should get an interview... Like, we're not rejected at this point because they sent out that slew of rejections (as I saw here on SDN) and we both didn't receive one.

Now, if only the adcoms would see our comments. I totally agree. We survived the instant rejections. You especially!

I don't know what I would do if I actually got an interview there. I think I would scream and dance like a mad woman. Actually, going there would be the greatest moment of my life. :laugh:

Last edited:
Now, if only the adcoms would see our comments. I totally agree. We survived the instant rejections. You especially!

I don't know what I would do if I actually got an interview there. I think I would scream and dance like a mad woman. Actually, going there would be the greatest moment of my life. :laugh:

Yeah, it's my absolute dream to go there! I'm glad you agree with my speculation, haha.

Thanks, Resplendence. Why not Stony Brook (since it seems you're a New Yorker)? (Sorry for the probing questions! It's just that I was choosing between Stony Brook and another school.)

May I ask why?

I am considering getting into the academic, public dental health side of dentistry and I think HSDM will equip me with the resources to do that--not only physical resources but also an ethos in which students understand the larger social context of dental care.

Yeah, it's my absolute dream to go there! I'm glad you agree with my speculation, haha.

Thanks, Resplendence. Why not Stony Brook (since it seems you're a New Yorker)? (Sorry for the probing questions! It's just that I was choosing between Stony Brook and another school.)

I didn't even apply to SB I just don't like that area of NY personally. I love buffalo and ideally would like to practice in upstate/western NY so buff is perfect for that

i interviewed on 11/16 but i haven't gotten a letter about being on the wait list yet. does this mean i got rejected?

i have to turn in my deposit for Columbia sometime this week. the deposit is freaking $2000, but i'm still waiting on harvard. would it be a bad idea to call harvard and ask them what my status is?

I didn't even apply to SB I just don't like that area of NY personally. I love buffalo and ideally would like to practice in upstate/western NY so buff is perfect for that

I'm happy for you, resplendence.

i interviewed on 11/16 but i haven't gotten a letter about being on the wait list yet. does this mean i got rejected?

i have to turn in my deposit for Columbia sometime this week. the deposit is freaking $2000, but i'm still waiting on harvard. would it be a bad idea to call harvard and ask them what my status is?

Harvard doesn't have a deposit so just put down at Columbia.

I am considering getting into the academic, public dental health side of dentistry

Okay : ), a good school to set you on this path for sure. G'luck everyone.