Harvard?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bkwash

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
has anybody recieved a call??

Members don't see this ad.

bkwash said:
has anybody recieved a call??

I want to know this too.

Anybody has heard from Harvard yet? They call on today. It's 2pm now. I'm guessing somebody must have got the phone call. I'm dying to find out my status, whatever it is.

me too!! still waiting...

my heart sank when I saw a Harvard thread... I thought, oh no, they called everyone else but me! :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
i knew the name of the thread would drive you guys wild! :D I am trying to be patient....it is 2pm!! what did they say about people calling?

bkwash said:
i knew the name of the thread would drive you guys wild! :D I am trying to be patient....it is 2pm!! what did they say about people calling?

I don't remember them saying anything about calling but a number of first year students that I met there told me not to get worked up early in the day because most of them received their phone calls late afternoon/evening... :scared:

LadyxJC said:
me too!! still waiting...

my heart sank when I saw a Harvard thread... I thought, oh no, they called everyone else but me! :scared:

hahaha, that's exactly how I felt: I'm the only one left behind :scared: .

We need to stay together. So, if Harvard calls anyone of you, make sure let us other know ASAP. thanks :love:

Catfish said:
hahaha, that's exactly how I felt: I'm the only one left behind :scared: .

We need to stay together. So, if Harvard calls anyone of you, make sure let us other know ASAP. thanks :love:

will do~ but hopefully all of us get a call before we need to notify each other... :D

BTW, if I don't get a phone call today, late afternoon/evening. Should I assume that I'm rejected or wailisted? At all, they only accept around 13 people today, doesn't take much time to call all of them at once.

I'm just being very impatient today.

I'm assuming that if there are people who do get phone calls and I'm not one of them, then I'm either rejected or wait listed... probably rejected. But maybe they aren't making any calls today? That would be really mean... keeping us waiting~ Anyway, gotta get away from the computer to stay calm...

LadyxJC said:
But maybe they aren't making any calls today? That would be really mean... keeping us waiting~ Anyway, gotta get away from the computer to stay calm...

In that case, I'll say UF is the best. They called me 6am this morning, how sweet.

I'm gonna watch a movie or get something to eat. I've been staring at this laptop since 6am except left for physiology lab for 2 hrs. My eyes hurt

I am very frustrated that I'm not getting a phone call from Harvard too. :eek: So many friends called me asked me whether I have received a call from Harvard. I don't know what to say.... :mad:
I just know that the fact that they give you a call, but I don't know at what time they call. As long as I get a call today, it will save my life :thumbup:
I charged my cell phone last night and I've been watching my cell phone ever since 6:30am. My battery and bar (reception) is ALL FULL.
Good luck to all of you guys... :luck:

P.S.> If anyone gets a phone call, please post it. Many thanks,

I'm SO glad someone started this thread! I haven't received a call either!!!! (Not just form Harvard, from ANY school)

I wish I had known about them calling in the afternoon...I had a terribly sleepless night, hoping for a phone call early in the morning. I barely slept at all! Still nothing...and no AADSAS update or e-mails....*SIGH* :mad:

And I think they will accept 15-20 today, not 13. You'd think that they'd call right away, especially since Kristin is so on top of things and there are few people. Doesn't it seem malicious??? haha :confused:

I'm going to take a long nap now...I'm tired of all this waiting and frustration and excitement....I'll leave my phone on, though!

GOOD LUCK!!!! :luck: :luck:

I just recieved the call!!! This is the best news I've recieved in a long time. I wish everyone else in this thread the best of luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Chris125 said:
I just recieved the call!!! This is the best news I've recieved in a long time. I wish everyone else in this thread the best of luck.

Huge congrats!!!!!! :D

My God, I'm really scared now :scared: . What time you got the call?

Chris125 said:
Congrats dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Catfish said:
Huge congrats!!!!!! :D

My God, I'm really scared now :scared: . What time you got the call?

Nice!

Chris125 said:

Congratulation Chris125~~!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I wish I could get a call too.

Chris125 said:

Congratz!! :thumbup:

My oh my... getting really scared now... :scared:

LadyxJC said:
Congratz!! :thumbup:

My oh my... getting really scared now... :scared:

me too, really scared :scared: It's 4pm already. Nobody calls me :scared:

lets hope Chris was the first to get the phone call so theres still time for them to call... :oops:

BTW, how did you react to the acceptance over the phone? just curious... :D

Chris125 said:

Chris125, that is amazing!!! SO many congratulations!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: You must be thrilled!!

Thanks everyone. They called me today at 12:40 PST (3:40 Boston time). I was a little caught off guard, but thanked Anne Berg for taking the time to call me -- the rest of the conversation I don't really remember. It still seems very surreal to me!

Is it safe to assume that it's too late to be expecting a call today? :oops:

LadyxJC said:
Is it safe to assume that it's too late to be expecting a call today? :oops:

I'll assume so. But there's tomorrow. Can we still hope to get called tomorrow? I wonder if it's ok to call or email them.

Catfish said:
I'll assume so. But there's tomorrow. Can we still hope to get called tomorrow? I wonder if it's ok to call or email them.

Hum....I don't know whether they will make phone calls tomorrow or not. I know that they didn't call anyone on the 2nd last year. Have I lost my hope? NO WAY. Both Chris125 and MSZ, they had their interviews in October. I haven't seen anyone interviewed in November got accepted. So, maybe for anyone interviewed in November might have a hope~~!!! I might be wrong. I don't know.

This one for sure...Harvard hardly sends you a rejection letter. So, cross your fingers... :cool:

swanlake said:
Hum....I don't know whether they will make phone calls tomorrow or not. I know that they didn't call anyone on the 2nd last year. Have I lost my hope? NO WAY. Both Chris125 and MSZ, they had their interviews in October. I haven't seen anyone interviewed in November got accepted. So, maybe for anyone interviewed in November might have a hope~~!!! I might be wrong. I don't know.

This one for sure...Harvard hardly sends you a rejection letter. So, cross your fingers... :cool:

I was interviewed in October :(

Catfish said:

Don't be sad Catfish... the above suggestion is just to comfort ourselves (the Nov. interviewees)~ We're all on the same boat~

Catfish said:

Hey, Catfish..
I didn't mean to hurt your feeling. I just mentioned it to make MYSELF feel better. Regardless of what I said, we are on THE SAME BOAT~~!!!!
Let's cheer up until we get a nice love-call from Harvard, okay?? :idea:

I got the call! Anne Called about 4EST I was on the way to the airport!!

hang in there guys, there probaly will be some calls tomorrow i interviewed in oct.

swanlake said:
Hey, Catfish..
I didn't mean to hurt your feeling. I just mentioned it to make MYSELF feel better. Regardless of what I said, we are on THE SAME BOAT~~!!!!
Let's cheer up until we get a nice love-call from Harvard, okay?? :idea:

Don't worry, I'm cool :luck: yeah, let's all prary for a Harvard call :D

bkwash said:
I got the call! Anne Called about 4EST I was on the way to the airport!!

hang in there guys, there probaly will be some calls tomorrow i interviewed in oct.

Congratz bkwash!! :)
Does anyone know when the second round of acceptances are sent out??

LadyxJC said:
Congratz bkwash!! :)
Does anyone know when the second round of acceptances are sent out??

Since they only acceted 15 people, there aren't going to be rounds like other schools. They'll accept a few here and there and they won't fill their class till late Feb/ early March

Has anyone who has not been accepted to Harvard yet received anything in the mail? Perhaps a rejection letter or notification of being waitlisted? I thought they said we'd know by Dec. 1 or a couple of days later what or status is, even if it's not acceptance in the first round.

LadyxJC said:
Has anyone who has not been accepted to Harvard yet received anything in the mail? Perhaps a rejection letter or notification of being waitlisted? I thought they said we'd know by Dec. 1 or a couple of days later what or status is, even if it's not acceptance in the first round.

I haven't heard anything yet, but I did hear the opposite of what you did in terms of Dec 1. I lot of people were saying that they reject very few flat-out, but just keep everyone in mind on a big, nebulous wait-list and take some off, then reject others later on in the cycle. Since most people offered admission accept it, they probably work very slowly and just accept a few at a time.