Harvard?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dermguy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how Harvard's 17 derm applicants did in the match? I ran into several of them around the country and liked them all, but I would imagine a BUNCH did not match even though it's Harvard.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey bud,

I interviewed at the Harvard Combined, and also for the BI/Combiend Med/Derm spot. However, I'll be at Mayo in MN for residency, and I couldn't be much more excited about this.

JH

Looks like 12 out of 17 matched. Very impressive. I'm surprised that not all of them matched though. :eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
on that note, does anybody have a link, listing for harvard's match list (including derm) this year?

Looks like 12 out of 17 matched. Very impressive. I'm surprised that not all of them matched though. :eek:
Why are you surprised? Just because it's harvard, doesn't meant every derm applicant was stellar. I bet a few of them decided to go for it thinking that just the name alone would get them in.

Also, people from top schools buy into self-reinforcing notions of prestige and don't apply to, or rank, programs with less well-regarded names. They would honestly rather not match than be a dermatology resident in a state >400 miles from the nearest ocean.

Also, people from top schools buy into self-reinforcing notions of prestige and don't apply to, or rank, programs with less well-regarded names. They would honestly rather not match than be a dermatology resident in a state >400 miles from the nearest ocean.
I guess arrogance doesn't pay

Anyone know how Harvard's 17 derm applicants did in the match? I ran into several of them around the country and liked them all, but I would imagine a BUNCH did not match even though it's Harvard.

How do you know it was exactly 17 of them? Did someone mention on the interviews? I ran into at least one of them during the prelim med interviews and do not remember her name at all.

How do you know it was exactly 17 of them? Did someone mention on the interviews? I ran into at least one of them during the prelim med interviews and do not remember her name at all.

I met a few along the interview trail and they mentioned there were 17. . . Or maybe I go to school there (just kidding).

13 matches in derm. I bet this is an alltime record. Let's see if they can top it next year.

13 matches in derm. I bet this is an alltime record. Let's see if they can top it next year.
I have a friend who's 3d year there, he said they have A TON of people in derm SIG