Harvard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rebmem eman

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Besides that slew of rejections they sent out via snail mail (which were reported on here), does anyone have any news? I've heard interviews can go through February, even if you applied early in the application cycle. (My app was in the first batch.) So, anyone know anything?

I wish they would follow the standard application timeline protocol. Sigh.

Members don't see this ad.

Everyone who receives an interview from HSDM has basically equal consideration. There's no significant advantage to being interviewed earlier vs later since HSDM wants to finish all the interviews before finalizing the class. They said that they're going to accept between 10-12 students on Dec 3 and then fill the rest of the spots up later.

Best of luck!

Thanks so much! I That's really good to know. But, I mean, how do they know for certain that they're not going to find a better batch of students from later interviews? (Not to discredit the merit of the 10-12 students they accept on Dec. 3!) I guess that's a rhetorical question.

Also, how late can interviews go then? It's just a wee bit frustrating that we're forced to put down deposits at other schools because we will not hear from Harvard till so late.

Members don't see this ad :)
OP, you need to pray for a phone call within 30 days from december 3rd. That is when the deposits are due.

I know I am. I am 14th batcher, and I heard nothing either. :(

Besides that slew of rejections they sent out via snail mail (which were reported on here), does anyone have any news? I've heard interviews can go through February, even if you applied early in the application cycle. (My app was in the first batch.) So, anyone know anything?

I wish they would follow the standard application timeline protocol. Sigh.

If your still waiting for Harvard (or any school for that matter) after you have been accepted on Dec 3rd....you can ask school for a few extra days if their deposit is due w/in a few days. Some schools were very nice about this and said that if one were to need some extra days to decide you could call and explain the situation. I'm not saying this applies universally but maybe you can call and ask.

If your still waiting for Harvard (or any school for that matter) after you have been accepted on Dec 3rd....you can ask school for a few extra days if their deposit is due w/in a few days. Some schools were very nice about this and said that if one were to need some extra days to decide you could call and explain the situation. I'm not saying this applies universally but maybe you can call and ask.

Harvard doesn't have to bend for anyone :) They move at their own pace.

Harvard doesn't have to bend for anyone :) They move at their own pace.

When did I say anything about them having to 'bend' for anyone......I am actually talking about other schools if one is still waiting for a Harvard decision.

OP, you need to pray for a phone call within 30 days from december 3rd. That is when the deposits are due.

I know I am. I am 14th batcher, and I heard nothing either. :(

But even if we do hear from them about an interview within 30 days, we (most likely) won't be interviewed AND hear back from them about an admissions decision within that 30 days! So we'll still have to put a deposit down somewhere else. But I won't complain about losing my deposit if I get into HSDM!

But even if we do hear from them about an interview within 30 days, we (most likely) won't be interviewed AND hear back from them about an admissions decision within that 30 days! So we'll still have to put a deposit down somewhere else. But I won't complain about losing my deposit if I get into HSDM!

LOL agreed. I'm already setting my mind on having to put down more than one deposit if admitted into my top schools.

LOL agreed. I'm already setting my mind on having to put down more than one deposit if admitted into my top schools.

Yeah, what's another $1000 (or whatever the deposits are these days) in relation to what we've already spent for this whole application process? :laugh:

When did I say anything about them having to 'bend' for anyone......I am actually talking about other schools if one is still waiting for a Harvard decision.

Apologies. Clearly my attempt at being funny backfired because I misread your post...my B!

Yeah, what's another $1000 (or whatever the deposits are these days) in relation to what we've already spent for this whole application process? :laugh:

I rather keep the money and go skiing a few times haha :laugh:

You are so right! I had a blond moment. I guess I know what my christmas presents this year will be.