has anybody got interview from OHSU?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Moni Ahmadian

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anybody got interview from OHSU. The last thing I got from them was a letter saying you are on our highly competitive pool.... But I haven't heard anything about it! I am a little bit worried :(

Members don't see this ad.

Nope, and still waiting. Right now I'm focusing on preparing myself mentally to move to Omaha, or maybe Nova if my interview goes well:) If OHSU wants me, I'll be blessed to have a choice I guess, but I'm not counting on it anymore. Although, I haven't heard much activity, and their process is still way behind I believe, so there probably really is hope...just don't want to get myself up for a letdown if you know what I mean.

I interviewed there last week. They said they were just starting their second round of interviews, and, if I remember correctly, there is still one more round of interviews after this one. They also said the Oregon resident applicant pool is down from last year, so odds are better for Oregon residents this year. There is still hope!:)

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed there last week. They said they were just starting their second round of interviews, and, if I remember correctly, there is still one more round of interviews after this one. They also said the Oregon resident applicant pool is down from last year, so odds are better for Oregon residents this year. There is still hope!:)

I have better scores this year and they will not interview me again. It has me confused. It is okay because I am going to pacific...still a little bitter though.

Well I'm a Nevada resident so that's why I am kind of worried. OHSU is my number one choice. Are you oregon resident?

Wow you got interview from UCSF. Congrats it is one the finest schools in the U.S. and one of my high choices.

Nope, and still waiting. Right now I'm focusing on preparing myself mentally to move to Omaha, or maybe Nova if my interview goes well:) If OHSU wants me, I'll be blessed to have a choice I guess, but I'm not counting on it anymore. Although, I haven't heard much activity, and their process is still way behind I believe, so there probably really is hope...just don't want to get myself up for a letdown if you know what I mean.

Yes, I am an Oregon resident. OHSU is my number one choice too. Good luck!

OHSU my #1 choice as well!!! I have an interview there next week...any advice? I heard that you have to write an essay before the interview starts, is this true?

I interviewed there in november, it was kinda weird since I was the only one interviewing that day. Liked the campus and the cheeseburger (mmmmmm, tillamook cheese) and thats about it

OHSU my #1 choice as well!!! I have an interview there next week...any advice? I heard that you have to write an essay before the interview starts, is this true?

Make sure you show up in time to get your parking pass and park. I ended up having to park on the very top level (8th) of the parking structure.
The essay was just a short answer to a question. They give about 2/3 of the page to write your answer. Make sure you read the question carefully (I almost misread mine) and think about your answer before beginning writing because they give you a pen.
Other than that, just relax. The interviewers were very friendly and seemed to have reviewed my app well. It was 2 seperate 1/2 hour interviews with 2 faculty interviewers. I was one of two being interviewed that day.
I wouldn't worry about anything. They just want to get to know you better, find out your motivations for dentistry and why you want to attend OHSU to ensure you are a good fit for their school. They really seemed to emphasize that over grades and DAT scores.
Hopefully we meet this fall!

Make sure you show up in time to get your parking pass and park. I ended up having to park on the very top level (8th) of the parking structure.
The essay was just a short answer to a question. They give about 2/3 of the page to write your answer. Make sure you read the question carefully (I almost misread mine) and think about your answer before beginning writing because they give you a pen.
Other than that, just relax. The interviewers were very friendly and seemed to have reviewed my app well. It was 2 seperate 1/2 hour interviews with 2 faculty interviewers. I was one of two being interviewed that day.
I wouldn't worry about anything. They just want to get to know you better, find out your motivations for dentistry and why you want to attend OHSU to ensure you are a good fit for their school. They really seemed to emphasize that over grades and DAT scores.
Hopefully we meet this fall![/QUOTE]

Thank you for this info. It makes me feel better knowing what to expect. Yes, hopefully we both get in!!!

I interviewed at OHSU at the end of November and it was pretty relaxed. Along with the essay and an interview with 2 faculty members you also have a mini orientation with the dean and get to sit in on a class as well as observe part of a clinic. I was one of two interviewees and we sat in on a Biochemistry class. It was pretty crowded. Then we gowned up and observed a D3 and D4 perform a tooth extraction on a patient. All the students we encountered were very nice and liked the program.

The two interviews with the faculty can be back to back or one before lunch and one after lunch. By the way lunch is one on one with a current student and you get to ask all the questions and they are totally honest.

I love the campus and the faculty and the research aspect of OHSU. I did get accepted and plan to start in August. I would love to see you all there!

many ppl say if you contact them and show that you really care, it would contribute something positive to your application process. Is that the case for OHSU as well?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you remember what the essay question was about?

I interviewed at OHSU at the end of November and it was pretty relaxed. Along with the essay and an interview with 2 faculty members you also have a mini orientation with the dean and get to sit in on a class as well as observe part of a clinic. I was one of two interviewees and we sat in on a Biochemistry class. It was pretty crowded. Then we gowned up and observed a D3 and D4 perform a tooth extraction on a patient. All the students we encountered were very nice and liked the program.

The two interviews with the faculty can be back to back or one before lunch and one after lunch. By the way lunch is one on one with a current student and you get to ask all the questions and they are totally honest.

I love the campus and the faculty and the research aspect of OHSU. I did get accepted and plan to start in August. I would love to see you all there!

You probably didnt talk to my brother there (D3), he wouldnt have had good things to say about the program

Finally got the email interview invite...whhheeewwww, sigh of relief.:D Took awhile, but I'll take it. Now at least there's a chance of acceptance.

Finally got the email interview invite...whhheeewwww, sigh of relief.:D Took awhile, but I'll take it. Now at least there's a chance of acceptance.

Congrats Lemming! I just got offered an interview too :) But I already decided on UoP so I declined. Sure would have been nice to be in Portland for 4 years though. Good luck with the interview!

Hey congrats Lemming. I got one too but I thought about it and decided that I would be better off at Pacific. Good luck dude, I knew they would give you one...just slow as always.

Hey congrats Lemming. I got one too but I thought about it and decided that I would be better off at Pacific. Good luck dude, I knew they would give you one...just slow as always.
Thanks amigo. I just want the option of going to my state school for cheap if I want to:) Good luck at and congrats on Pacific...you're making a good choice in my book;)

I'm in! I got the acceptance email on Thursday and the snail mail on Friday!:D
Anyone else have any news?

Congrats on the acceptance. I just interviewed today. If anyone wants specifics on how it went, PM me. I'll give a little general info though. Mark said that the the group today was about in the 70's or so for in-state applicants interviewed. He said that that would leave about an equal number still to interview. He has sent out about 30 or so interview invites in the last week or so, and interviews continue through Feb. They have given out about half the class so far, give or take. These numbers, according to him are all rough estimates, but he said there are "lots of positions and interviews left". Hope that helps everyone.:)

Congrats!!! Looks like we will be classmates, I got an acceptance from them last week as well. I couldn't be more excited!!!!!:D :D :D

Congrats Go Navy and krstfrb!!!!
We will all be classmates! August 20th will be here before you know it!

What is the acceptance fee to hold a spot at OHSU? I know that some schools get pretty expensive so I was wondering. Thanks

Just got the word. I'm in!:D

Thanks guys. Mark emailed me on Friday evening. Got the letter today. Good luck to those still waiting, but there a lots of places left it seems.

hi everyone, I have a question for those that know the school well. I was interviewed at OHSU in early November and I haven't heard anything from them yet. Do you know that they will send out a letter to let those like myself know what is going on with our application? I called the school but they didn't say anything. And did you guys receive an email from OHSU about filling out financial aid for 07-08? Thanks

ya i got that email about the financial aid, I am guessing they send those out to all the applicants? I too interviewed early, the first week of interviews, and haven't heard anything yet ... anyone know where I stand compared to the rest of the applicants?

just got an email saying I'm in, but I won't be taking it so its up for grabs

good luck all

OH MY GGGGOSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHH.....I just got an email from Mark that I am in. I'm still in the state of shock right now....:eek: see you all this august and good luck to those that is applying right now and always think positive....

OH MY GGGGOSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHH.....I just got an email from Mark that I am in. I'm still in the state of shock right now....:eek: see you all this august and good luck to those that is applying right now and always think positive....

Congrats f20cdentist! Thats awsome!!!:)

Congratulations! See you this summer!

yeah i got my acceptence too..if i get wiche..then things might get interesting

acceptances: BU, IUPUI, Louisville, OHSU
Rejected: ASDOH, Baylor
waitlisted: nova, unlv
interviwed: bu, iupui, louisville, ohsu, nova, unlv