has anybody gotten this message from LECOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Qwer12345

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
"The Admissions Committee has reviewed your file and a decision has not yet been made regarding an interview. The Admissions Committee will meet to review your application every 90 days; you will be notified if there is a change in their decision at that time."

Does this mean that my file will not be reviewed for another 3 months... ? that's kind of ridiculous

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
"The Admissions Committee has reviewed your file and a decision has not yet been made regarding an interview. The Admissions Committee will meet to review your application every 90 days; you will be notified if there is a change in their decision at that time."

Does this mean that my file will not be reviewed for another 3 months... ? that's kind of ridiculous

Basically this is a waitlist for interview like MWU-AZ letter. not a flat out rejection.

Members don't see this ad :)
i noticed in an earlier post you mentioned you are not from the U.S. Are you a U.S citizen or permanent resident though? LECOM's website says the following "The LECOM School of Dental Medicine only accepts applicants who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents." so maybe thats something they are trying to figure out with your application possibly?

I am a US permanent resident. Yah I checked to make sure they accept permanent residents... I'm just confused because my stats are good, but waiting 90 days...

dang thats weird. i got the re-review thing also but its bc of my low undergrad gpa but your stats seem really good. maybe they just filled up all their pre-dec interviews already or something

did you call them about that or you just assumed it was due to your low gpa? I was thinking about calling them tomorrow and ask, but I don't if that's a good idea

I'm actually a 3rd time applicant to LECOM so I've spoke back and forth with the dean over email and was told specifically that bc of my low undergrad gpa I'm on hold for now and will be re-reviewed later. it was kind of an unofficial "re-review" because i didn't get the re-review email and my portal doesn't say re-review

ohh ok thanks!

I'm actually a 3rd time applicant to LECOM so I've spoke back and forth with the dean over email and was told specifically that bc of my low undergrad gpa I'm on hold for now and will be re-reviewed later. it was kind of an unofficial "re-review" because i didn't get the re-review email and my portal doesn't say re-review

whats your gpa?

im first batch and my lecom portal just says under review still.. do i still have a shot for an interview or from your experience does it just stay like that?

Was this email after a "we've processed your supplemental application" email?

I am a US permanent resident. Yah I checked to make sure they accept permanent residents... I'm just confused because my stats are good, but waiting 90 days...

It's not just about the stats--there is something else in your application, or maybe missing from your application that didn't say "hey, we want to see this guy"...maybe your stats are too good for them and they think they are your "safety school" or whatever. The waiting 90 days is just how they do it. They know other people are still getting their applications in and they want to see what else they get, how many people accept their interview invites, maybe see how many people put deposits down after Dec 1st. Who knows, but at least its not a flat out thanks but no thanks from them.

How's your GPA /DAT and experiences?

hey guys, thanks for the response, I just received an interview invitation lol !