Has anyone been able to find vet school-specific internship/residency matching data?

Started by HeyJazz
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

HeyJazz

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know I want to specialize (internal med/oncology or surgery) and was wondering which vet schools have higher matching rates for residencies than others as that might affect my final decision!
 
I don't know how to make of the information...the school I was almost committed to had quite a low matching rate in both internships and residencies in 2021 (previous years school specific data not available). Shall I be concerned?
As long as your school is AVMA accredited, I would imagine you’ll be just fine! The percent matched can vary widely without there being much difference. For example, Washington has a much lower match rate (percentage-wise) for residency than Virginia. But that difference is because three more people applied for residency from Washington. The same number matched at both schools. When you’re dealing with such small numbers, big fluctuations in percentages don’t mean quite as much.
 
I don't know how to make of the information...the school I was almost committed to had quite a low matching rate in both internships and residencies in 2021 (previous years school specific data not available). Shall I be concerned?
Remember it's the applicant that makes the match not the program. AVMA accredited is AVMA accredited. 🙂