Has anyone been accepted late in the game?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DocTAP87

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied to UM-Flint DPT program and this is my second go around. I called because I was wait-listed (#17) and hadn't heard anything so I figured I was out but I was curious to see how close I got. I then found out that I'm not #3. The thing is, classes start the first week of September. She said there is still a chance but I have to be ready to drop everything and go which I totally am.

So I called a couple days ago because I just can't seem to patiently wait and found out that I'm still #3. So there hasn't been much movement and we have three weeks to go.

I'm curious if you know of someone or if you got into the program at the last minute. Is there still hope? Any words of encouragement or advice?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

It's definitely possible. A trainer at my gym just got pulled off the wait list at the University of South Dakota this week. I think he starts school in just over 2 weeks.

Reactions: 1 user
I got off the wait list for my top choice school on May 20 and started classes June 6.

Members don't see this ad :)
Classmate got off wait list on a Thursday. Orientation was on that Friday. And classes started on Monday. Possibility

Reactions: 1 user
Yes, I know someone who just got into a program 2 days before it started, so it's still very possible!

Yes, I know someone who just got into a program 2 days before it started, so it's still very possible!
Thank you for all the replies! I'm hanging onto hope

You are SO close !! Best of luck!! Let us know if it works out for you, I really hope it does!

You are SO close !! Best of luck!! Let us know if it works out for you, I really hope it does!

I just wanted to let everyone know that I got in! I got the call about two hours ago and orientation is Monday and classes start that Thursday.

I'm really excited. I almost gave up hope but here we go :)

Reactions: 10 users
I just wanted to let everyone know that I got in! I got the call about two hours ago and orientation is Monday and classes start that Thursday.

I'm really excited. I almost gave up hope but here we go :)
And it begins, happy for you.