DocTAP87

5+ Year Member
Jan 31, 2014
Status
Physical Therapy Student
I applied to UM-Flint DPT program and this is my second go around. I called because I was wait-listed (#17) and hadn't heard anything so I figured I was out but I was curious to see how close I got. I then found out that I'm not #3. The thing is, classes start the first week of September. She said there is still a chance but I have to be ready to drop everything and go which I totally am.

So I called a couple days ago because I just can't seem to patiently wait and found out that I'm still #3. So there hasn't been much movement and we have three weeks to go.

I'm curious if you know of someone or if you got into the program at the last minute. Is there still hope? Any words of encouragement or advice?

Thanks!

scrawnyguy

7+ Year Member
Sep 5, 2012
Colorado Springs, CO
Status
Physical Therapist
It's definitely possible. A trainer at my gym just got pulled off the wait list at the University of South Dakota this week. I think he starts school in just over 2 weeks.

Reactions: Ctinct

bballfan15

2+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2015
Status
Physical Therapy Student
I got off the wait list for my top choice school on May 20 and started classes June 6.

abynormal

5+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2014
Classmate got off wait list on a Thursday. Orientation was on that Friday. And classes started on Monday. Possibility

Reactions: Dptgirl00

DPT_19

2+ Year Member
Mar 31, 2016
Yes, I know someone who just got into a program 2 days before it started, so it's still very possible!

OP
DocTAP87

DocTAP87

5+ Year Member
Jan 31, 2014
Status
Physical Therapy Student
Yes, I know someone who just got into a program 2 days before it started, so it's still very possible!
Thank you for all the replies! I'm hanging onto hope

OP
DocTAP87

DocTAP87

5+ Year Member
Jan 31, 2014
Status
Physical Therapy Student
You are SO close !! Best of luck!! Let us know if it works out for you, I really hope it does!
I just wanted to let everyone know that I got in! I got the call about two hours ago and orientation is Monday and classes start that Thursday.

I'm really excited. I almost gave up hope but here we go :)

abynormal

5+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2014
I just wanted to let everyone know that I got in! I got the call about two hours ago and orientation is Monday and classes start that Thursday.

I'm really excited. I almost gave up hope but here we go :)
And it begins, happy for you.