Has anyone been accepted late in the game?

Started by DocTAP87
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DocTAP87

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I applied to UM-Flint DPT program and this is my second go around. I called because I was wait-listed (#17) and hadn't heard anything so I figured I was out but I was curious to see how close I got. I then found out that I'm not #3. The thing is, classes start the first week of September. She said there is still a chance but I have to be ready to drop everything and go which I totally am.

So I called a couple days ago because I just can't seem to patiently wait and found out that I'm still #3. So there hasn't been much movement and we have three weeks to go.

I'm curious if you know of someone or if you got into the program at the last minute. Is there still hope? Any words of encouragement or advice?

Thanks!
 
It's definitely possible. A trainer at my gym just got pulled off the wait list at the University of South Dakota this week. I think he starts school in just over 2 weeks.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes, I know someone who just got into a program 2 days before it started, so it's still very possible!
 
I just wanted to let everyone know that I got in! I got the call about two hours ago and orientation is Monday and classes start that Thursday.

I'm really excited. I almost gave up hope but here we go 🙂
And it begins, happy for you.