Has anyone been wait-listed for an interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

georgia2009

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've recently been notified that I've been placed on the wait list to interview at Georgia State. What can I expect? Is there still hope? It sounds to me that they may expect people to decline interviews. Also, I don't know of many people applying to Georgia State & was curious as to why?
 
I know a 3rd year at GSU who said people do decline interviews or even acceptance offers due to being accepted to other schools. I think they're interviewing 70-80 , so if they don't fill up at 35 spots, I'm sure some waitlisted students will get a chance to interview ! Also-I don't think as many people applied to GSU vs other PTCAS schools because they have a whole separate application , although I hear they're changing to PTCAS next year. Hope this helps!
 
I know a 3rd year at GSU who said people do decline interviews or even acceptance offers due to being accepted to other schools. I think they're interviewing 70-80 , so if they don't fill up at 35 spots, I'm sure some waitlisted students will get a chance to interview ! Also-I don't think as many people applied to GSU vs other PTCAS schools because they have a whole separate application , although I hear they're changing to PTCAS next year. Hope this helps!

Thanks so much for the info!
I just received an email inviting me for an interview!!