Has Anyone Committed to UTMB Galveston yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ChrisB33

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just curious if there is anyone out there who has been accpeted to and commited to the Doctor of Physical Therapy program at UTMB starting in August of 2016?

I was accpeted, committed and am getting anxious to start lol. If anyone is applying there and has any questions about the interview, I'd be more than happy to tell you everything I remember about it. Best of luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi there! First off, congratulations! I have an upcoming interview there, and I was hoping you could give me some insight into what your interview was like? This is my first interview with a program, so I am feeling a little nervous. I also only have about a week and a half to prepare- which is seriously making me anxious!
Thank you!

Hi CmsPT! Congratulations on getting your interview. That was one of the first things they told us at the beginning of the day because I think only about 150 are invited to interview! I want to start off by mentioning they really see something in you because they invited you to interview so be confident about that. The day started with all of us in a main room going over a quick PowerPoint on UTMB, scholarships etc. We asked questions at the end. They divided us into 4 groups based on the color of the name tag you received. I felt so dumb because I confused the blue line that outlined every name tag to be my group (blue) when you were supposed to look at the color of the letters in your name (mine was green lettered lol). Fortunately, it didn't cause any confusion and everything was fine. The 4 groups consisted of a PowerPoint group, a campus tour group, an interview group, and one other that I can't recall. The professor who interviewed me was Dr. Fisher. He was slightly more intimidating than the others because he was more reserved and didn't show a lot of emotion but he was super nice and easy to talk to. Most of the professors were extremely easy to talk to from what I heard.
Some questions I remember where: 1. What things about you would make you a great candidate to be a PT? (I mentioned my teaching complex movements in sports to youth) 2. He asked me something that pertained to current things going on in the PT world and I talked about Direct Access. (Look that up if you aren't familiar it's important) 3. I remember him asking me at the beginning to tell him about myself. (I mentioned a few basic things and that I included things that showed I cared about bettering myself as an individual and PT candidate) 4. He asked me if I had any questions for him which could be basically anything so I asked him about what he was currently working on in his research.

Sorry I couldn't remember any other questions I know there was probably a couple I can't remember (the interview was almost 3 months ago). But what was surprising is the time flew by and I didn't even know it lol. I know it will be the same for you. If I remember any other things I definitely will come back and post them.

As far as attire, you cannot overdress. Everyone was wearing dress shirts, slacks, a tie, and even a blazer. The majority of the girls that interviewed also wore blazers. I was really nervous because I was the ONLY dude there that wasn't wearing a blazer and that made me think "Crap, what are they going to think about this I stick out like a sore thumb lol?" But it was fine the current students that were there helping with all the processes were freakin awesome. They helped me calm down and assured me everything was fine when I told them I screwed up the name tag color. So, I definitely suggest talking to them and asking them any questions that pop up while you're there. Best of luck to you and hope to see you next August! You'll do great.

Sincerely,
Chris

I was just curious if there is anyone out there who has been accpeted to and commited to the Doctor of Physical Therapy program at UTMB starting in August of 2016?

I was accpeted, committed and am getting anxious to start lol. If anyone is applying there and has any questions about the interview, I'd be more than happy to tell you everything I remember about it. Best of luck to everyone!

Hey Chris, I was hoping you (or anybody with an answer) could answer some basic questions about the program if you don't mind?
How are the clinical opportunities? Is it possible to go out of the state for any if not all clinicals?
How were the facilities? Did you happen to see the rec center (if there is one) or any available space for working out for PT students?
Did you like the city of Galveston?

Sorry for asking basic questions but I've been accepted without an interview and haven't had the chance to go down there and check the program out so I don't really know too much about it other than what I can find on the internet but I still plan on attending!