Has anyone done this?

Started by For A Day
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

For A Day

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, so I just have a quick question.

I recently submitted a deposit check to a school I got accepted to, thinking I wasn't going to get anywhere else. However, my first choice school accepted me soon after. I notice that my check has been received, but the school hasn't withdraw the money from my bank yet. Can I just go ahead and cancel the check with the bank and notify them that I won't be attending?
Has anyone ever done this?? Am I going to get into trouble or something? :s
 
agree with cuddlefish, cancel it immediately. worst case scenario, the school hates you, but it not like your going to attend anyways.