Has anyone ever gotten an extension on transcripts before?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HopefulAg

Texas A&M CVM c/o 2014!
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My area was hit by Ike and I can't get two of my transcripts sent out on time. Was wondering if anyone has ever gotten an extension or something like that?

I know most are due Novemberish but a few want them by Oct. 1st.

Members don't see this ad.

My area was hit by Ike and I can't get two of my transcripts sent out on time. Was wondering if anyone has ever gotten an extension or something like that?

I know most are due Novemberish but a few want them by Oct. 1st.

That is beyond your control. Call the schools and let them know what happened and the expected date they will get the transcripts. It shouldn't count against you.

I had a minor freakout of this sort when my foreign transcript got tangled up in foreign bureaucracy and I realized I couldn't get it on time. A calm explanatory email (or phone call) to the head of admissions often does wonders. You shouldn't be penalized for something like a hurricane! Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
In fairness to all applicants we must stick to our previously announced deadline of October. Anything received after that date will not be considered.
Response from KSU.

I think they could've picked a better word than 'fair', though...oh well, looks like I don't get to go to KSU.

I'd personally point out it's not particularly "fair" that your area was hit with a hurricane, and other applicants were not. o_O;

Call someone higher up than whoever you emailed and explain the situation. That's a natural disaster. It's a little ridiculous that they wouldn't consider the fact that schools might have problems sending stuff out after they've weathered that large of a storm.

Last edited:
Response from KSU.

I think they could've picked a better word than 'fair', though...oh well, looks like I don't get to go to KSU.

For what it's worth, I'm applying to KSU and I would have absolutely no problem with 'fairness' if they let you submit it late. It was a flippin hurricane for goodness sake!! :rolleyes:

Response from KSU.

Wow, that's rough. Sorry to hear that they weren't more understanding.

My area was hit by Ike and I can't get two of my transcripts sent out on time.

I hope you are well. I have to ask--are you SURE you can't get them out on time??? Some schools make transcripts available through various websites (like the National Clearinghouse) so the school you attended isn't actually involved in the transaction. Is there a family member you feel comfortable giving your SSN to who could make an online or fax transcript request for you? Also, many places have "rush" service.

I don't want to be insensitive, I don't know your circumstances, and I know you have other things to worry about--I'm just hoping there is a way for you to get those transcripts.

Good luck!

Well the colleges are closed for 3 weeks, so yah. No rush service or anything available. No one's there except people cleaning up.

i know what they said, but...

policies are designed to cover 95% of the cases. clearly, this is an outlier. if it were me, i'd be on the phone (rather than email - so impersonal, devoid of emotion, and it's much more difficult to tell you to your face to get stuffed) to the dean of admissions - go straight to the top. it's unreasonable to expect you to anticipate a hurricane.

i'd prob'ly send them anyway, even if they were late. force them to "enforce" their policy. maybe you can mail unofficial copies (if you have them) to meet the deadline, with the official ones to follow? is there a way you can make some sort of official comment via vmcas? do you have to mail a supplemental application, with which you can include a comment about ike?