has anyone ever left...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prnrx

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
pharmacy school during the professional years (3-6)? Is this type of thing not allowed? any instances when it has happened other than getting kicked out.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

A district manager I knew took a year off to have a baby. Some schools let you do this if you are in good academic standing. I know of another girl who took a year off because a parent was dying of cancer. Someone else I know took a year off but we never knew why.

Members don't see this ad :)
WVUPharm2007 said:
Some people leave to go to Medical or Dental or Engineering or win the lottery.
the american dream is to win the lotto.

You aren't obligated to finish up pharmacy if you no longer wish to pursue the degree. People leave for all types of reasons- some come back while others don't. We had a guy in my class who left after the first semester simply b/c he no longer wanted to be a pharmacist and he wanted to go back to his old profession. At that point he wasn't in a lot of debt, so it wasn't a major financial hit for him. I think most people end up sticking with it b/c of the overhwelming amount of debt you accrue. I don't hear of many people who just up and leave in the middle of their 4 years to go to another graduate program. Reason being that most graduate schools, to include medical and dental, will not take a student who is deciding to ditch their current degree. For most schools it means that the student is not capable of finishing what they start, so why take them into your program just to do the same thing to you?

prnrx said:
pharmacy school during the professional years (3-6)? Is this type of thing not allowed? any instances when it has happened other than getting kicked out.

Thanks

No...no one is allowed to quit because they want to.