Has anyone finished AMCAS yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iwutitan

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I am just wondering if anyone has finished the whole AMCAS and ready to submit June 1st?
These essays are killing me....no where close to be done... anyone anyone?

Members don't see this ad.

iwutitan said:
Hey, I am just wondering if anyone has finished the whole AMCAS and ready to submit June 1st?
in the same situation as you. I am wondering how these people who introduced these essays sleep at night:) Seriously, talk about research but not be technical, do not use any abbreviations, what the heck.

huseyin said:
I am wondering how these people who introduced these essays sleep at night:)
Haha... :laugh: They should get nightmares like I do about these monster essays :smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad :)
huseyin said:
in the same situation as you. I am wondering how these people who introduced these essays sleep at night:) Seriously, talk about research but not be technical, do not use any abbreviations, what the heck.

I went over the 2006 Instruction book and didnt see any rule about not using abbreviations. I mean I used them a few times, but did define them in the essay though.

iwutitan said:

I am actually done a full draft of all three essays and all other supporting material and a few revisions on some of the essays, but not sure 100% when I'll submit. I may hold off submission till August to get a class and more research activity done. I have scheduled a key research activity in June I want to talk to that in the past tense. YES!! Reseach essay was a pain, Its really like 4 pages single spaced

Good Luck all!

I have finished the AMCAS transcript parts, picked schools, wrote down my experiences, and wrote one essay. The killer is not really knowing how they are going to look at these two new MD/PhD essays and what style to write them in. I am hoping to submit my apps by the end of June, but we will see how things go. Best of luck..

Everything is pretty much done and all my essays are complete. Now I need to enter in the classes I've taken for the 10 or so schools I've attended. Boy, I've moved around quite a bit!

1Path said:
Everything is pretty much done and all my essays are complete. Now I need to enter in the classes I've taken for the 10 or so schools I've attended. Boy, I've moved around quite a bit!

Same here, had lots of classes in a number of different schools. One word of caution: Make sure your class name matches EXACTLY what shows up on the transcript. I called AMCAS yesterday about this and that was the direction I was given. I had been elaborating where they schools abbreviated the class name or had listed a few classes as "Special Topics" and I added the topic of the class. The transcript didnt reflect that content. Go figure.

I am pretty much done too, but will file in a few weeks I think.

Good luck to all