General Admissions & OTCAS Has anyone had a Skype Interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CoastalOT

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Where have you been able to do skype? The last interview invitation I got was on a day when I already had one scheduled about 1000 miles away. :(

I'd recommend staying away from Chicago State. That school's gotten a bad reputation.

Members don't see this ad :)
Chicago State has a horrendously bad reputation as an undergraduate school. I think a lot of that bleeds into their reputation as an OT program. Whether or not that's fair, I have no idea, but CSU has a generally bad reputation in the Chicago area and they've been on the verge of losing their accreditation a university more than once.

For what it's worth, I've heard specifically from former faculty that CSU 1) puts up a lot of barriers to the success of their students 2) has a really bizarre dress code within the OT department. The first one is probably more important than the second, but, still throwing it along as an FYI.

Here's a quote from an article: "Chicago State University has had a string of bad press in recent years. With reports about its terrible graduation rate, ongoing mishandling of finances, and most recently, an audit revealing the school had lost track of $3.8 million in equipment, Chicago State has had some serious public relations issues."

On http://www.cbsnews.com/news/50-state-universities-with-best-worst-grad-rates/
Chicago State University is #4 on the Worst State University Graduation Rates list at only 13.9%.

I'm not sure if it's effected the grad school and MOT program, but if a school has been on the verge of loosing their accreditation, I'd stay away from them if I were you.

Has this also affected the grad school and more specifically the MOT program?

From what I've heard, again from someone who was on the the faculty there, is that CSU graduates are still getting jobs because OTs are so in demand. The OT program itself isn't in danger of losing accreditation, but he still said that if you get into somewhere else you should go there.

Reactions: 1 user