Has anyone has this problem with Topscore?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dtran95

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I bought topscore from scholarware.inc in Feb but decided to use it one month later when my test day is closer. My computer got virus, I need to configure it by reinstalling window 7 and upgrading processor and motherboard. Technically, I had to reinstall Topscore software as well. When I entered the license key, it said it has been used so it didn't let me unblock. I contacted scholarware.inc and they required me to show receipt of the upgrades that I bought. My boyfriend bought me the new upgrades and helped me to fix my computer. I sent them the receipt and here is their response:
However, the purchase is your friend's, not yours. For whatever reason, it is your friends computer equipment. You should not have had your friend buy you something like that because warranty and everything is now under his name. Unfortunately, we do not replace software based upon a friend's receipt like this.

You will need purchase a new license to replace the software now.

On their warranty, they said that they will provide their support to the customer within 7 months and say that the key is only used for one (1) computer only. I used the same computer. They're being jerk. I wonder if anyone has the same problem or something similar happen like this.

Members don't see this ad.

So I bought topscore from scholarware.inc in Feb but decided to use it one month later when my test day is closer. My computer got virus, I need to configure it by reinstalling window 7 and upgrading processor and motherboard. Technically, I had to reinstall Topscore software as well. When I entered the license key, it said it has been used so it didn't let me unblock. I contacted scholarware.inc and they required me to show receipt of the upgrades that I bought. My boyfriend bought me the new upgrades and helped me to fix my computer. I sent them the receipt and here is their response:
However, the purchase is your friend's, not yours. For whatever reason, it is your friends computer equipment. You should not have had your friend buy you something like that because warranty and everything is now under his name. Unfortunately, we do not replace software based upon a friend's receipt like this.

You will need purchase a new license to replace the software now.

On their warranty, they said that they will provide their support to the customer within 7 months and say that the key is only used for one (1) computer only. I used the same computer. They're being jerk. I wonder if anyone has the same problem or something similar happen like this.

If they're going to be anal jerks about that, maybe you could have your boyfriend write a letter gifting the parts and signing over ownership of the parts to you (or heck, make a receipt saying you're buying it off him for a dollar) and have the letter notarized with both parties' signatures. Added recognition by a state agent more than enough by most state laws to prove legal ownership. Then your comp will no longer be under his name. If you do this, also make sure to tell Topscore just how absolutely stupid their stupid policy is.

If that sounds like too much trouble then your other option is to just pay them again =/