Has anyone heard from Creighton?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

greenblue

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has heard any news from Creighton recently? Also, does anyone have any idea of what the waitlist movement is like? How many people usually drop to open up spots? I appreciate any help. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Is there anyone at all out there that is trying to decide on whether to go to Creighton?

I called up Creighton a few weeks ago to ask about the final waitlist. They said that the class was full and they haven't had anyone drop out since Jan 6th and decided not to make a final waitlist. Bad news indeed.

Members don't see this ad :)
I gave up my spot last week, so there definitely should have been some movement...

Does anyone have an idea as to when they will try to fill the spot given up by srb711? Creighton had sent out an email saying they would put together an alternate list by mid-May, but if a seat opens do they send out more acceptances?

cmcner: Who exactly did you talk to that told you that?

I was told by Dr. Ayers that there weren't any spots open but the commitee would meet in early May to decide on the alternate list/acceptances from it (this was in Feb. though). I assume nothing has changed, but since srb711 gave up a spot that makes at least one spot and I'd assume there could be a couple more (hopefully). The committee would then have to sit down to decide. I'm not saying you are wrong just wanting to know where the information is coming from.

Thanks

cmcner: Who exactly did you talk to that told you that?

I was told by Dr. Ayers that there weren't any spots open but the commitee would meet in early May to decide on the alternate list/acceptances from it (this was in Feb. though). I assume nothing has changed, but since srb711 gave up a spot that makes at least one spot and I'd assume there could be a couple more (hopefully). The committee would then have to sit down to decide. I'm not saying you are wrong just wanting to know where the information is coming from.

Thanks

It was awhile ago as I said before but I am pretty sure the person on the phone said her name was Patti so I figured it was Patti Churchill. I hope I'm wrong, but since you were asking I felt I shouldn't keep what I heard a secret. As the above poster said least one spot opened up, I'm not really sure how they would fill it without that final waitlist unless they just decided to look at everyone. It's a shame in general how dental schools can't be a little more transparent with their admissions status and how we all have to live on heresay to grasp onto hope.

Good luck to everyone.

Amen to that! Yeah I am hoping a few spots will open up. I am sure if they do that they will make a final waitlist in early May. Dr. Ayers said that from that final waitlist the committee sits down and goes over all of the files and picks the most qualified applicants. Good luck to everyone as well.