Has anyone heard from Minn MSTP?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MEDUSA23

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I called University of Minnesota MSTP last week. I was told that they were in the process of sending out letters for interview invitations. I have yet to receive one (obsessively checking my mailbox). Has anyone received a letter for this application season?

Members don't see this ad.

I applied to Minnesota's MSTP, and I have not personally gotten a letter or interview invite yet. But I talked to someone yesterday who said they had been invited for an interview. So they definitely have scheduled at least some of their interviews already.

Nov 5, Nov 22, Dec 3, and Dec 20 are the interview days for Minn this year

Members don't see this ad :)
was rejected last week unfortunately :/ oh well. good luck to u! :luck:

was rejected last week unfortunately :/ oh well. good luck to u! :luck:

Really sorry to hear that! Do they send rejections via mail? I wish they would just send emails. I wish I knew one way or the other since interview dates are quickly passing me by.

yup it was via mail. hope some interviews go along your way, and i hope some come for me too~ haha :p

well if u do have the great fortune of receiving an interview at minnesota, make sure to dress like a stuffed santa because it is extremely cold over there (u should check out the snow reports!)

Just got a January interview via email :D! Any luck for you?

Just got a January interview via email :D! Any luck for you?

Congrats!!! I still have not heard anything. I have been checking my mail obsessively, but now I can also hope for an email! When were you complete?

Minnesota's MSTP is rolling, but the entering class is only 5-6 students/year. Does anyone with experience in this process know how that works? I'm interviewing later this month, but interviews have been going on since early November; it seems like they would already have the class filled by then.

Minnesota's MSTP is rolling, but the entering class is only 5-6 students/year. Does anyone with experience in this process know how that works? I'm interviewing later this month, but interviews have been going on since early November; it seems like they would already have the class filled by then.

Most schools accept 2-3X as many applicants as matriculate. This is because many people get multiple acceptances. My guess is that they admit a few outstanding applicants early on and continue to give acceptances until their class if filled. If not accepted immediately, you may get waitlisted. Spots will open up towards the end of the application cycle, and you could still end up with an acceptance. Congrats on the interview! They wouldn't continue to conduct interviews if they had no intention of giving out acceptances from these interviews.

Just got an invite for January, theres like 4 dates available but I'm not sure if I will do it..does anyone know how good Minnesota is for BME? (specifically interested in tissue engineering and biomechanics/prosthetic devices)

btw the 4 dates they offered me are Jan 7, Jan 21, Feb 4, and Feb 21...unfortuneately these all conflict with other interviews (wisconsin, colorado, einstein)...is it worth it to swap out any of these schools for Minn?

btw the 4 dates they offered me are Jan 7, Jan 21, Feb 4, and Feb 21...unfortuneately these all conflict with other interviews (wisconsin, colorado, einstein)...is it worth it to swap out any of these schools for Minn?

Are you interviewing at Wisconsin in January? I am interviewing the 20-23. I know Wisconsin also offers an interview date late in feb. Maybe you could switch the dates around to accommodate another interview at Minn. I wouldn't cancel an interview to accept one at Minn, but maybe the other schools will work around the conflict. In my experience, Wisconsin has been very helpful.

If not, I am willing to take your spot. :) I really wish Minn would get back to me because my schedule is getting filled with interviews elsewhere.