Has anyone NOT turned in ERAS yet??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fourthyear

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering. Seems like the whole world has submitted already. I am just about there, but have no LOR's in yet and thougth I'd wait for one or two to get in, plus step2 score should come next week I hope.

If I submit before Oct 1 for reg match, will it be okay? Don't want programs to think I'm lazy or slow, but I also want them to have something more to look at when they download my app.

Members don't see this ad.

4th, I had my application in immediately without a single LOR ready. I received an interview before the program even had my transcript or usmle scores, let alone LORs. I say go ahead and press the button.

Mindy

just out of curiosity Mindy... you got an interview before sending in your LOR, transcript, scores... so all you turned in is your personal statement? wow... what did you apply in?

I had the same experience last year. I applied in Gen Surg and my application only had my board scores. No personal statement, no LOR, no transcripts. So I think it is to your advantage to get that thing in early early early.

Just my experience, but friends of mine who applied for more competitive specialties had similar experiences. Those who applied late feel they received less interviews with the exact same numbers. Who knows but it sure can't hurt to have it in early.

Daisy:

I am being 100% honest. They did not even have my board scores. I turned in the app on Sunday Sept 1st (my obsessive character is pretty well documented on SDN :) ) and I received an interview on Tuesday morning (monday was labor day).

I am a pathology applicant, but most people would consider the program competitive.

Mindy