Has anyone received a secondary from Albany yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scneuro

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has or if applicants from the Class of 2009 could give me an idea of when it was sent out.
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

As far as I know, they haven't sent them out yet. It will probably be sometime in the next few weeks after they've finalized this year's entering class.

got mine around 2pm pacific time via email...

Members don't see this ad :)
got it today too. verified 6/23

got mine yesterday...verified on the june 13

Have not gotten it yet. Verified 7/14

are there essays?!?!?! :scared:

verified 7/13, have not received yet

Overeducated said:

Got mine today, they have a few short essays. One is to describe yourself, 1000 character limit and another is to tell them what experience you would most likely talk about at interview, i think thats 250 characters. There are some other places for responses but those are mostly for "did your parent go here", "have you previously applied", etc. etc. Typical stuff on some of the other secondaries I've seen.

Received via e-mail on Tuesday. Just a couple short answer and list some work activities/EC's which are most important to you. $100 fees! My checking account is almost bled dry... :eek:
Oh, and I was verified around 16 June.

Members don't see this ad :)
this is totally irrelevant but can somebody tell me what snail mail is please
-mota

Regular postal mail i.e. not email

chaeymaey said:
Regular postal mail i.e. not email

whatever happened to that just being called "the mail" ?
note: do not feel compelled to answer this question
-mota

DaMota said:
whatever happened to that just being called "the mail" ?
note: do not feel compelled to answer this question
-mota
Sorry, because you said that I now feel compelled. :)

They call it "snail mail" cuz its slow. Whenever ppl say "the mail", others kept asking "email or regular mail?" So to prevent ppl from asking they started the phrase "snail mail" cuz it rhymes. tee hee

For Albany's secondary questions on EC's/activities, does anyone know if you can list new activities in those spaces that were not on AMCAS? I just don't feel like calling them up...

Overeducated said:

I was verified on 7/13 as well so I'm sure our secondary apps will be here in a few days.

verified on 6/29, got and submitted today, it was a quickie!

I was verifed 7/8, and i still haven't received the Albany secondary. Is anyone else in the same boat?

I was verified 7/18. Recieved Albany's through email last thursday. I don't know if they screen or not.

Dr.Giggles said:
I was verified 7/18. Recieved Albany's through email last thursday. I don't know if they screen or not.

Albany doesn't screen, but they just started sending out their secondary so I'm sure you'll receive it shortly.