has anyone...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dent29

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone gotten a 18++ from studying only from top score "pro" the kapplan book is so expensive and i have heard negative comments on that. can someone elaborate on this.. thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm sure it's possible. I personally liked the Kaplan book--I used it as my main study guide and also used the Top Score CD. I got a 22 AA.

As a side note, the Kaplan book can be found at most public libraries.

Good luck!

dent29 said:
Has anyone gotten a 18++ from studying only from top score "pro" the kapplan book is so expensive and i have heard negative comments on that. can someone elaborate on this.. thanks.

I haven't, but I got a 23/19 studying from just the kaplan book and my old bio book. If you would like a used copy of kaplan, I can sell it to you along with the CD and flashcards.

Members don't see this ad :)
People have done extremely well just by using their textbooks and class notes. But thats not everyone!

The Kaplan DAT Book 3rd edition is only $40.95 brand new, which is actually a little cheaper than topscore pro. Plus in the grand scheme of things this ammount of money is trivial. I never skimp on study materials because I would hate to get a lower score just to save a few bucks. In fact those few points could be the difference in you getting into your top choice school.

TOPSCORE
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...104-8944408-6479926?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

KAPLAN DAT
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...104-8944408-6479926?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

kaplan book expensive??? Have you considered what it costs to apply and attend dental school?

The Kaplan book is just a drop in the bucket. Better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it.

TopScore is just three practice exams. You shouldn't even start looking at it until you have studied the material for a while. You can't do TopScore alone, you need Kaplan too. DMD_hopeful brings up a good point, the cost of DAT prep will pale in comparison to the cost of applying and interviewing, and this will pale in comparison to the cost of the education. I hate telling peope this, but you need to be prepared to throw down money to do well on the DAT.

Sidenote: Please don't title a thread something as vague as "has anyone..." Nobody has any idea what you are talking about when the title to your thread has no meaning.