Has DAT changed much since summer 2009?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

johnny13oi

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, has the DAT changed much since summer 2009? That was when I took it last time and am retaking it in a month to attempt to improve my scores. I have heard about the introduction of a calculator on screen for the QR section. Is this calculator also present in the Chemistry section or anything?

Members don't see this ad.

It depends on which version you encounter. There are some easier versions which are similar to the 2009 practice exam. There is also a tuff mofo version that was released recently which is on another stratosphere.

RC got much harder. SD doesn't work at all for this yr. PAT got harder. BIO is about the same. GC and OC felt easier. QR about the same.

Hi, has the DAT changed much since summer 2009? That was when I took it last time and am retaking it in a month to attempt to improve my scores. I have heard about the introduction of a calculator on screen for the QR section. Is this calculator also present in the Chemistry section or anything?

how wold anyone REALLY know this?

Unless you've taken 10+ DAT exams in 2009 and another 10 exams in 2010&2011, there is no way anyone would be able to give you a meaningful response.

My guess is, the exam "difficulty" doesn't change... only score distributions do.

Members don't see this ad :)
Which sections was the calculator introduced to? I was just wondering if there were any other changes like the introduction of the calculator that I should know about.

I have to disagree. I used S&D for RC about 95% of my test and scored a 24.

I agree with PAT. It was the same if not harder than CDP. They made a subtle tweak to one of the sections.

RC got much harder. SD doesn't work at all for this yr. PAT got harder. BIO is about the same. GC and OC felt easier. QR about the same.