Has PharmCAS made an error?

Started by PharmGrl
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PharmGrl

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone!

I was talking to an admissions counselor at one of the schools I have applied to, and she was reviewing my PharmCAS information with me. She noticed that I only have a cumulative GPA calculation, and no Math/Science GPA. Since I've never applied through PharmCAS before, I was not sure if that was normal, so I asked her if she calculates the Math/Science GPA, or if something is missing from my application and she said that other applicants have both a cumulative AND a Math/Science GPA. She is going to find out from her registrar if there is another way to see my Math/Science or if it is just missing from my application for some reason.

I do have all of the math and sciences completed, with A's and B's, so I know there is a GPA out there somewhere, it just does not seem to be showing up on PharmCAS. I did verify that all of my coursework made it onto my PharmCAS application..

I have emailed PharmCAS already, but was just wondering if anyone else has run into this.

Thanks all!
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are you looking at the columns? At the top of your GPAs you should see four columns: science, non-science, math, and total that are further broken down by rows: freshman, sophomore, junior, senior, post-bacc, cum. undergrad, grad, professional, and overall.
 
Yes, I can see all of that, and there is a separate block for all of the sciences, specifically. I calculate the GPA and get one number, and it looks like PharmCAS just stuffed my overall GPA into the science block, too. The admissions person I was talking to at one of the schools I have applied to is the one that pointed out this discrepancy. I would expect that she would be in the know about this kind of thing.
 
Sounds like a major mistake. If you don't have a e-mail response early on monday, you should call. I called them once and they were pretty willing to help over the phone.
 
I really do hope to have it resolved soon! If there is a miscalculation, that is definitely going to sway my competitiveness against other applicants! I think that I may follow up with PharmCAS on Monday regardless of the email i get so they can explain how they calculated my math and science GPA's because my calculations are very different from theirs!
 
Last year when I was in that same position you all are in right now PharmCas made a mistake where they replaced a W with an F on my transcript. I was about to submit when I noticed that my GPA was much lower than before. They corrected the mistake, but they took almost two weeks! So make sure you are on them.