Has this ever happened to anyone??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jdm789

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an interview at Michigan tomorrow (10/16) but my flight was canceled (because of weather on east coast) and there are no more flights into detroit for the night. If I called Michigan Admissions first thing in the AM, do you think they would allow me to reschedule seeing how i have no way to make it there??? any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

I have an interview at Michigan tomorrow (10/16) but my flight was canceled (because of weather on east coast) and there are no more flights into detroit for the night. If I called Michigan Admissions first thing in the AM, do you think they would allow me to reschedule seeing how i have no way to make it there??? any advice?

Is there really no flight to detroit? If there is a flight out of your city then you could have gotten there, but if no flights coming out then you can't really do anything.

It's too late to fly now anyway...well I am sure Mich will reschedule, call and leave a message now.

Just to be safe, you should email Tracy now instead of waiting until morning and call them.

Members don't see this ad :)
ughhh that sucks! can you believe this weather!? the rain and snow are ridiculous! i hope everything works out!

Any luck?

yessir...thankfully they were very understanding and let me reschedule for nov 13. a month later than my interview should have been but what are ya gonna do right.....

yessir...thankfully they were very understanding and let me reschedule for nov 13. a month later than my interview should have been but what are ya gonna do right.....

They mentioned you today, so now you stand out :). Good luck when you go next month. The MMI's weren't bad at all, and the whole experience was pretty cool :thumbup:

They mentioned you today, so now you stand out :). Good luck when you go next month. The MMI's weren't bad at all, and the whole experience was pretty cool :thumbup:

haha, now everyone who interviewed that date knows your name :)

yea i guess that is a good thing...they know who i am for sure now lol. I'll take any help I can get, especially when facing MMIs which may be intimidating haha