hate crime's on school campus'?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MWUPharmboy

just be yourself... :-)
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so i'm at the chicago college of pharmacy... and was the victim of a hate crime here on campus last year... on a campus that is "gated" and "secure" with ID swipes to get up to my dorm room on the 6th floor of the main residence hall.

that was december 16th 2005...

this last september or october, a second year med student had her back windshield smashed in by someone on campus... again, our campus is one of those "you have to swipe your ID to even get on campus" places...

and a week ago there was a second hate crime committed against a med student...

are health care professionals this intollerant of others? or is it that my school is this iresponsible about admitting students that foster hate and animosity?

are there other students at other schools that feel the same way of their schools? or did i really make the wrong choice in coming to midwestern?

any feed back would be nice.

hope you are all doing well!

Members don't see this ad.

so i'm at the chicago college of pharmacy... and was the victim of a hate crime here on campus last year... on a campus that is "gated" and "secure" with ID swipes to get up to my dorm room on the 6th floor of the main residence hall.

that was december 16th 2005...

this last september or october, a second year med student had her back windshield smashed in by someone on campus... again, our campus is one of those "you have to swipe your ID to even get on campus" places...

and a week ago there was a second hate crime committed against a med student...

are health care professionals this intollerant of others? or is it that my school is this iresponsible about admitting students that foster hate and animosity?

are there other students at other schools that feel the same way of their schools? or did i really make the wrong choice in coming to midwestern?

any feed back would be nice.

hope you are all doing well!
I don't think you have given us any information to help us understand why you think this was a hate crime. It was a crime, but where is the hate directed at a race/religion/country/etc...?

What you're describing sounds like vandalism, not hate crime.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think the 1st was a hate crime.

The second 2 were vandalism.. The most recent I would not consider a hate crime at all. It had nothing to do with her religious, ethnic, or sexual beliefs.

I think the 1st was a hate crime.

The second 2 were vandalism.. The most recent I would not consider a hate crime at all. It had nothing to do with her religious, ethnic, or sexual beliefs.

Sounds like they need to be a little more careful on security. My building is "secure" at work, but if you follow someone in, nobody usually says anything. If if got canned at work I could easily get back inside without my badge, surf the net, get into vending machines, any one of a number of illegal acts and wouldn't be caught unless I didn't cover my tracks. Climbing gates with a hammer would be just as easy a way to access campus as anything, especially under the cover of darkness. Sorry if it sounds like I should have a criminal record, I don't, but how much of this sounds unreasonably difficult to someone with an anger fix, an agenda, or just wants to have malicious fun?

You're still going to get a spectrum of people with differing beliefs and attitudes even if they are in health care. Statistically you're going to have to let a few oddballs in. As far as the school being irresponsible, most applicants probably wouldn't admit to these kinds of feelings in their personal statement or at the interview so how would the school know?