have an interest in PM&R

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mskincer

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wanted to know if there is a website dedicated to physiatry where I can learn more about the profession or I am better off shadowing?

As for salaries and job market, are the Bureau of Labor Statistics reliable or should I look elsewhere since the salary/job market depends on a myriad of factors such as geography, experience, fellowship, etc.

Members don't see this ad.

aapmr.org would be the way to go, I'm just getting started up with using it myself

yeah I checked it out, not that many listings of jobs in the places I desired (a variety of places in the Southwest) so I am guessing these types of positions come through word of mouth and networking

I wonder if the practice and compensation surveys are for AAPM&R members only

Members don't see this ad :)
I wanted to know if there is a website dedicated to physiatry where I can learn more about the profession or I am better off shadowing?

As for salaries and job market, are the Bureau of Labor Statistics reliable or should I look elsewhere since the salary/job market depends on a myriad of factors such as geography, experience, fellowship, etc.

A great place to start is the collection of stickied threads at the top of this forum.

AAPM&R website

Association of Academic Physiatrists website

Last edited: