Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Have interviews at NYCOM and UMDNJ -- should I still take the mcat??

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by theDr., Mar 26, 2004.

  1. theDr.

    theDr. Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

    Joined:
    May 22, 2002
    Messages:
    637
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hello all,
    I have a NYCOM interview in the last week of april and a UMDNJ the first week of april... should I still take the mcat. I got a 25 the first time and I have been study...doing good in bio and verbal...still crappy in physical science. what should I do...maybe wait to see if i get in and take in august...or take it in april..i don't know what to do. thanks.
     
  2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

  3. Adapt

    Adapt 2K Member
    7+ Year Member

    Joined:
    Mar 18, 2003
    Messages:
    2,048
    Likes Received:
    6
    That's a tough one. I think you have a decent shot at getting in this year but I'm not sure. If you think you're ready now, I think you should take it and get it over with. The test is only in 2 weeks and you really have nothing to lose.

    Either you get in and your score which comes out in June may not matter (Or it could if you are waitlisted and you send in that score to maybe help). And if you don't get in and by some weird chance you score lower than a 25, you can take it a third time in August while still applying.

    Seems like your best bet is to take it in April if you're scoring higher than 25 on your practice tests.:thumbup:
     

Share This Page