Have people received certiphi yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

voxveritatisetlucis

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been accepted to one and waitlisted by a few schools yet haven’t received the certiphi background check yet. Have other people already received? I’m confused because I thought it came early January.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I wonder if it’s chronological. I was accepted fairly late (dec.) but my first waitlist was much earlier so I don’t know. Another thing to worry about (was acceptance a mistake since I didn’t get certiphi :bang:)

Members don't see this ad :)
received it the other day for a school I got the A for in Nov. So I think it's just starting!

I wonder if it’s chronological. I was accepted fairly late (dec.) but my first waitlist was much earlier so I don’t know. Another thing to worry about (was acceptance a mistake since I didn’t get certiphi :bang:)
It depends on the school too. They may wait until later to get started on the background check process. They won't forget you.

Reactions: 1 users
I just received mine today (first acceptance was Oct. 15th) so I think they're just beginning.

Last edited:
I have an A at a school that uses Certiphi and their portal says email will come in the spring and no email yet.

Literally got mine yesterday.

I got it this morning. I think they’re probably just rolling them out rather then sending all at once.

How long did it take most people to get results? I’m haven’t received results despite it saying 3-5 business days

Members don't see this ad :)
How long did it take most people to get results? I’m haven’t received results despite it saying 3-5 business days
It depends for everyone based on a lot of factors - what states you have lived in, the format of their record keeping, the number of addresses that need to be verified, etc. I think I saw someone last year who had a waiting time of several weeks - just depends.

It depends for everyone based on a lot of factors - what states you have lived in, the format of their record keeping, the number of addresses that need to be verified, etc. I think I saw someone last year who had a waiting time of several weeks - just depends.
Thank you,

I had to list some offenses so I’m guessing they contacted the court and such to get the records. Maybe that could cause a delay esp. since court is remote right now in the state.

I got mine a little while ago! Accepted early Dec. Got the background check notification Jan 12th. I got it back after like four business days and I had like 15 addresses in multiple states.

i got mine back in like 2 days, also had like 15 addresses across the US and in different countries

What should I do? I’ve emailed twice

Call?
nah i'd just wait, you obviously have a deeper history that requires more work to gather all the info. i don't think calling would do anything, they'd probably just tell you they're still working on it. maybe give it another week and then call if there's been no update?

What should I do? I’ve emailed twice

Call?
My girlfriend deferred Rutgers last cycle and had a certiphi issue this cycle because she was technically accepted last year. She called/emailed etc and hasn't gotten a definitive reply..... if you're concerned it wouldnt hurt to call, but she was on the hold forever before being told they would call her back lol

I was accepted before so maybe I’m having the same issue as her. Thank you.
My girlfriend deferred Rutgers last cycle and had a certiphi issue this cycle because she was technically accepted last year. She called/emailed etc and hasn't gotten a definitive reply..... if you're concerned it wouldnt hurt to call, but she was on the hold forever before being told they would call her back lol

I was accepted before so maybe I’m having the same issue as her. Thank you
Hey just an update. My gf said certiphi told her to use her full postal code and not just the five digit one commonly used. She did that and it worked....just letting you know if you havent gotten figured out yet!

Hey just an update. My gf said certiphi told her to use her full postal code and not just the five digit one commonly used. She did that and it worked....just letting you know if you havent gotten figured out yet!
Thank you! Fortunately it got sorted out

Does anybody know if schools look at the reports of waitlisted students in considering who to take or not the take from the WL? Or is it only actually released once an acceptance is offered?

I believe it’s upon you being accepted to the program. I don’t think they can see it until then

I believe it’s upon you being accepted to the program. I don’t think they can see it until then
Nope.

"You have received this email because you have been waitlisted or conditionally accepted by one or more of the medical schools participating in the AAMC-facilitated program for performing criminal background checks on conditionally accepted applicants and waiting list applicants. Please note that the requesting medical school will be notified if consent is not provided, and that failure to provide consent may result in failing to meet the requesting medical school's admissions requirements."

I see the AAMC website only refers to conditional acceptances, but I'd go by the Certiphi e-mail which is more specific.

@voxveritatisetlucis -- is there really anything in there that would cause a problem for you on a WL? If so, a school could also rescind an A for the same reason, assuming it wasn't previously disclosed.

Last edited:
Nope.

"You have received this email because you have been waitlisted or conditionally accepted by one or more of the medical schools participating in the AAMC-facilitated program for performing criminal background checks on conditionally accepted applicants and waiting list applicants. Please note that the requesting medical school will be notified if consent is not provided, and that failure to provide consent may result in failing to meet the requesting medical school's admissions requirements."

I see the AAMC website only refers to conditional acceptances, but I'd go by the Certiphi e-mail which is more specific.

@voxveritatisetlucis -- is there really anything in there that would cause a problem for you on a WL? If so, a school could also rescind an A for the same reason, assuming it wasn't previously disclosed.
This could just be a logistical consideration. Sometimes waitlisted candidates are accepted a few weeks before matriculation so having the check already completed would eliminate issues involving delays and such.

It could be a system that caches the reports of anybody on a WL and only sends them when WL is converted to an A

This could just be a logistical consideration. Sometimes waitlisted candidates are accepted a few weeks before matriculation so having the check already completed would eliminate issues involving delays and such.

It could be a system that caches the reports of anybody on a WL and only sends them when WL is converted to an A
Sure. Anything is possible. What is most likely, though, is that it is integrated into their platform, and that once you have provided consent, the report is delivered to AMCAS and is made available immediately to anyone who can order it, i.e., schools that have accepted or waitlisted you.

TBH, once the report is available, no one on the other side of the wall has any reason to mask it until after you are called off a WL, for the very reason you seem to be raising the issue. I'm sure the only reason these reports are not run at the very beginning of the cycle, and made available to all schools, not just A and WL ones, is because they cost AMCAS money and are unnecessary for the majority of applicants who never make it to an A or a WL.

It's probably worth keeping in mind that the process is designed with the schools' interest in mind, not necessarily ours. So now please explain to me why AMCAS would cache a report and not share it with anyone with a legitimate need to see it, such as a school considering pulling someone off its WL?

Again, I am not seeing the concern with respect only to the WL schools. If there is anything in the report that you have not already adequately disclosed, your As are every bit as much at risk as an acceptance off a WL would be.

Last edited: