Have to remediate anatomy; feeling very low :(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dodgers

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just found out today that I did not pass anatomy and will have to remediate it during the summer. Ultimately I KNOW that this is not the end of the world. However, I am just feeling very down on myself because I worked really hard and did not get what I wanted. The imposter syndrome and worry about my long term career is real right now. I would love to hear words of encouragement and also how I can improve so that I can make sure that I pass remediation. I have passed all of my other classes so far, so that has been a big blow.

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
When I was a first year med student years ago, I barely passed anatomy. Ended up doing well every semester since then and having solid boards. I also ended up becoming a psychiatrist, so yeah perhaps it just means your strengths are somewhere else and maybe less surgical.

Reactions: 4 users
I had to remediate the class for which I'm now completing a fellowship in, so enjoy your future as a pathologist or surgeon! All kidding aside, it's okay to feel down and in the dumps. What is not okay is to give up. You seem to already know this, so you're halfway toward succeeding in your remediation

Reactions: 1 users
I had to remediate the class for which I'm now completing a fellowship in, so enjoy your future as a pathologist or surgeon! All kidding aside, it's okay to feel down and in the dumps. What is not okay is to give up. You seem to already know this, so you're halfway toward succeeding in your remediation
This is actually very encouraging lol. My biggest worry has honestly just been how this will affect matching for residency (not that I even know what I want to do/even want to be in a uber competitive specialty) but it's nice to see that it hopefully won't hold me back

When I was a first year med student years ago, I barely passed anatomy. Ended up doing well every semester since then and having solid boards. I also ended up becoming a psychiatrist, so yeah perhaps it just means your strengths are somewhere else and maybe less surgical.
Yeah surgery is absolutely not in my future lol