have you been successful as a part-time FP?

Started by peppy
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

peppy

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Current med school applicant here. While I enjoy medicine, I have recently come to realize how important it is to me to to have family time outside of work. I have even been contemplating switching to dentistry purely for lifestyle reasons...but there's a part of me that doesn't want to let go of the medicine dream.
I stumbled upon the idea of part time work or job-sharing. Does anyone have any insight on how practical it is to work as a part time FP? Is it possible to make a comfortable living that way? All I really want is to know that I can be financially secure without sacrificing quality time with my future kids.
 
you can make around 60 to 70 K per year as a part time FP. You can work out of an urgent care center or start a house call practice or work for a regular practice part time or do locum tenent work.

EH.