-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Have you met any crazy Rph before?
Started by bbooss
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Ya there's a rather crazy chick who's a pharmacist at my hospital. Apparently one time, the other pharmacist went on break, and the technician went on break 1/2 hour later leaving her alone with just the runner. She went crazy saying she couldn't handle it and ran out of the pharmacy leaving the runner jaw dropped.
At my work, there's this newly hired super cocky pharmacist. He signs everything without checking. One time, the technician made a critical mistake (deadly! It was 10x the dosage) and was sent out. Luckily, the nurse practitioner saw the error and was sent back to the pharmacy. I saw him get scolded by the PIC + the director of pharmacy.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I heard of a pharmacist who crawled into a cabinet under the counter and cried. I witnessed a pharmacist go to the restroom in tiers. That seems a little crazy to me. Nothing over the top crazy though.
Which tier was she in?I heard of a pharmacist who crawled into a cabinet under the counter and cried. I witnessed a pharmacist go to the restroom in tiers. That seems a little crazy to me. Nothing over the top crazy though.
She was non-formulary. She would need a psych eval to be approved for tier 3.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile app
She was non-formulary. She would need a psych eval to be approved for tier 3.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile app

She was non-formulary. She would need a psych eval to be approved for tier 3.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile app
But it's off label
Not crazy per say, but definitely pharmacists with an off the wall personality. They were mostly overnight pharmacists.
When I worked for RPh On The Go, I heard some real doozy stories about people who had preceded me. The one I heard about the most was about the guy who would bring in stacks of pictures of his kids, who he was prohibited from seeing or contacting. Never met him, and am glad I didn't. I would also be told later that when I walked in, the regular employees would say things like "She doesn't smell!" or "She has all her teeth!" 😀
The grocery store where I worked had a part-time guy who had never had a stable job, but had always just done relief work. Truthfully, I think he has Asperger's. At the time, he didn't drive, although he did ride a bike, and also didn't have a phone. I was told by someone who had worked with him previously that this employer got a lot of phone calls for him from collection agencies. 😳 When I moved back, I Googled him and found out that several years ago, he was pulled over (he had purchased a car in the meantime) and had more than 50 bottles of assorted controlled substances in the back seat. He not only had his license revoked, he was placed on some kind of nationwide list where he could not work in a place that took care of Medicare, Medicaid, or Tricare clients, which pretty much meant he can't work anywhere. IDK what he's doing now.
And then there were the full-fledged sociopaths with whom I had the misfortune of crossing paths. After I moved to the place where I worked for 7 years, I was telling a colleague about them, and she was skeptical so she e-mailed some friends of hers, a husband and wife who lived there, and they both e-mailed her back within a half hour (they were both online, on separate computers) and told her that I was right, and that the situation was far worse than she could possibly have imagined.
The grocery store where I worked had a part-time guy who had never had a stable job, but had always just done relief work. Truthfully, I think he has Asperger's. At the time, he didn't drive, although he did ride a bike, and also didn't have a phone. I was told by someone who had worked with him previously that this employer got a lot of phone calls for him from collection agencies. 😳 When I moved back, I Googled him and found out that several years ago, he was pulled over (he had purchased a car in the meantime) and had more than 50 bottles of assorted controlled substances in the back seat. He not only had his license revoked, he was placed on some kind of nationwide list where he could not work in a place that took care of Medicare, Medicaid, or Tricare clients, which pretty much meant he can't work anywhere. IDK what he's doing now.
And then there were the full-fledged sociopaths with whom I had the misfortune of crossing paths. After I moved to the place where I worked for 7 years, I was telling a colleague about them, and she was skeptical so she e-mailed some friends of hers, a husband and wife who lived there, and they both e-mailed her back within a half hour (they were both online, on separate computers) and told her that I was right, and that the situation was far worse than she could possibly have imagined.
She was non-formulary. She would need a psych eval to be approved for tier 3.
She was so crazy, she needed prior authorization.Not necessarily crazy, but a float pharmacist where I work apparently brought his own fan (and our pharmacy is always cold from the midwest winter drive-thru window), his own stapler, and wouldn't let techs handle the labels and bags. We can tell which scripts he did since all his bags are folded in half and stapled shut at least four times. I had several people pick up their Rxs and had to decimate the bag to get it out. The techs also said he would act like he was super busy all the time but in actuality was ridiculously slow. Some people are just weird.
All overnight pharmacists I've worked with aren't necessarily odd, just always insist on doing things their way.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not necessarily crazy, but a float pharmacist where I work apparently brought his own fan (and our pharmacy is always cold from the midwest winter drive-thru window), his own stapler, and wouldn't let techs handle the labels and bags. We can tell which scripts he did since all his bags are folded in half and stapled shut at least four times. I had several people pick up their Rxs and had to decimate the bag to get it out. The techs also said he would act like he was super busy all the time but in actuality was ridiculously slow. Some people are just weird.
LOLLL maybe he had some scarring experience like customers pretending their Rx fell out of the bag to get narc refills and he's like "i'm finding a way to make sure this never happens again"
She was so crazy, she needed prior authorization.
Yep, and I would have denied the request. Someone that crazy needs to stay non-formulary.
i was a pharm tech at a hospital where this beautiful i mean beautiful pharmacist use to sneak off to the bathroom and inject herself with returned fentanyl syringes before she got caught...
i was a pharm tech at a hospital where this beautiful i mean beautiful pharmacist use to sneak off to the bathroom and inject herself with returned fentanyl syringes before she got caught...
😱i was a pharm tech at a hospital where this beautiful i mean beautiful pharmacist use to sneak off to the bathroom and inject herself with returned fentanyl syringes before she got caught...
One of my classmates died from using stolen fentanyl patches. 🙁
I swear, it seems like 80% of pharmacists out there are clinically insane one way or another. I have stories for days and days and days about the pharmacists I've been with. There aren't nearly as many nurses or doctors that are as bat**** insane as some pharmacists are. I picked a good profession
I swear, it seems like 80% of pharmacists out there are clinically insane one way or another. I have stories for days and days and days about the pharmacists I've been with. There aren't nearly as many nurses or doctors that are as bat**** insane as some pharmacists are. I picked a good profession
do you work in the pharmacy or on the floors?
