Have you noticed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eye4eye

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have you noticed that the first page of the CAS form contains your contact details and visa status and LOR writers? I am an IMG, strong applicant otherwise but I do need visa :(. Does anybody know if that is used to screen the applicants or not? I mean, they see that you need visa and it goes to the bin? Is it like that? Because my visa status isn't going to change in the near future, although I can improve on other things...what's the point if they do not want to see beyond the first page? I would be grateful for some advice, may be I can save the SFMatch application money to apply to NRMP programs more widely next year! But I love Ophthalmology!!:mad:

Members don't see this ad.

I heard from one of my friends that some programs sponsor visas whereas others absolutely will not. You can probably find out by contacting the programs beforehand so you don't waste your money on them and only apply to the ones who will sponsor visas. That's what he did anyway. HTH.

thanks azzarah!