Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

haven't heard anything ...

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by swtxxxang3l, Dec 2, 2005.

1. swtxxxang3l

swtxxxang3l PaTieNTLy WaiTinG
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    xxx my application has been under review for quite a while now but i still haven't heard anything from any school yet. i'm so worried but can't seem to do anything about it. is there still hope???? :confused:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Kremlar

Kremlar Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Im in the same boat as you... I guess were not out of the game yet, atleast not until you have letters from each school rejecting you... I've only gotten back letters from 3 schools, I knew I was getting rejected from anyhow before I even applied there.. Figured i'd take my chances.. Hang in there..

4. swtxxxang3l

swtxxxang3l PaTieNTLy WaiTinG
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student

yeah...u too... hang in there... we're going to get in ... *let's keep a positive thinking* how are you preparing for interviews? i heard all u can do is be yourself.... but under that condition... i don't know if i can do that. :scared:

5. Kremlar

Kremlar Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental

I HAVE TO GET INTERVIEWS FIRST!! lol.. But keeping the positive thinking going, YES we are going to get in.. We've worked too hard.. Yeah, you pretty much have to be yourself.. I've never had any trouble with interviews and public speaking, so im ok with it. Not to say I haven't been doing some homework to be prepared.. I was reading the feedback on the interview forum here, it had some great info... EVERYONE keep posting that interview feedback!!. Going over my application to make sure I know it well.. Preparing my answers to the obvious questions "why do you want to be a dentist" "likes/dislikes about dentistry" etc... And when I get an interview, I will research the particular school in more depth before I go to make sure I know everything about it... What about you?

6. Rezdawg

Rezdawg 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

Dentist
    Depends on your numbers. If you have a 2.2 gpa and 15 DAT...no, there is no hope.

7. drengineer

drengineer Back to surfing!
    7+ Year Member

How about a 1.9 GPA? It rounds off to 2.0!!! and 22 DAT! :laugh:

8. ASU-devil

ASU-devil Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    sounds like a lot of us are in the same boat. 3 interviews so far before Dec 1st and nothing yet. I have one on tues that I am gonna give my all.

9. mkdhappy

mkdhappy Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    lol, gosh. you guys are just being silly! :p i'm sure they're not any where CLOSE to those stats. :D

~ and to the others...YES...there are STILL LOTS OF HOPE. The last thing you'd want to do is give up.

hang in there. wait...and we're ALL STILL EARLIE in the process. Last day of acceptances is not til SCHOOL STARTS next fall. You've got nearly 10 months left. :thumbup:

and besides...once people get into the schools they want, there are withdrawals and cancellations. SO HOPEFULLY, good news will come soon! :luck: Good Luck everyone!!!

10. mkdhappy

mkdhappy Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    GOOD LUCK to you! show them WHO YOU ARE! ^_^ and be calm and confident.

11. pOiiMiiOq

pOiiMiiOq Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    spots will be open by january, when everyone settle for their first choice. Don't give up yet. Be hopeful.

12. pOiiMiiOq

pOiiMiiOq Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    know thy self well!

13. pOiiMiiOq

pOiiMiiOq Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    good luck on tues. show them who you really are! :thumbup: