1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Having a hard time with first year

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by WillTheNewf, Dec 8, 2005.

1. WillTheNewf

WillTheNewf New Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Its my first year of Memorial University over here in Newfoundland... And i hate it! Im getting such ****ty grades. My average is, i think, around a C as it is and thats before exams! I know my **** i just feel like im having a hard time adjusting to the way they test and mark. And doing alot of courses i dont particulary want to do doesnt help either. So, any advice is much appreciated! = )

Its not that i hate physics, i just wish it would blow up

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ethyl

ethyl Go suck on a Zoloft.
    Pharmacist 10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    What are your study habits like?

4. stargyalny

stargyalny Member
    5+ Year Member

Everyone has a tough time their first year!...You'll get used to it..find ways to change ur study habits...that may help :)

5. Nicepharm

Nicepharm Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    *sighs*....will it get easier as you go along? like undergrad?

6. WillTheNewf

WillTheNewf New Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    My study habits are good i believe.. I go to tutorials for math, physics i read the book and answer questions in each chapter, for chemistry im doing handed out worksheets.. I found this year that i was ahead of my subjects but then drastically, somehow, got behind and couldn't catch up. And i was only taking 4 courses! Next term i have an extra course and extra lab, meaning i have 5 courses and 4 labs! GahhH! I think ima have to read/study my books for next term over christmas!

By the way, does anyone else other then me feel that class is extremly pointless? I find i just spend my days in class too busy taking notes then anything else, and the notes I do take are STRAIGHT from the book... And i BARELY even look at my notes! But im just too scared of what may happen i don't take them...I pretended that i had arthritis to my teachers and some let me photocopy their notes, but others didn't... How do you guys feel about notes/classes.?

7. gablet

gablet Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

My organic chem 2 teacher taught straight from the book. After the first week I stopped taking notes. I continued the rest of the semester just highlighting the parts that he emphasized in class and then just studied the book and did the problems at home. It worked for me. I liked that because I could actually pay attention in class instead of hurrying to take notes.

The key to physics/chemistry is to do as many problems as it takes for you to feel comfortable and not have to look back in the chapter to solve them.

Good luck and keep a positive attitude. If you really try and then still find that you hate it, then rethink your choices and search for another major.