Having BCPS and attempting BCCCPS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Scottdonna99

Reaction score
Hello fellow pharmacists,

Congratulations on those that passed the recent BPS exams. For the ones that didn't don't give up, it's better to just retake now (pay the $300) rather than wait later and reapply and pay the $600 again.

My question is for the peeps that have more than one BPS specialty. Is it better to space them apart (1-2 years) or on the same year? Reason why I ask is I just passed by BCPS and was wondering if I should also try for the BCCCP this fall? I just worry that it might be too stressful to complete all the CEs at the same time when it's time for renewal in 7 years...? Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated. thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I recently got BCPS too and have been considering taking BCCCP in a year when I am eligible. I likely won't keep up both certifications and will let one lapse. That being said, it I was eligible for BCCCP now I would take it now instead of waiting another year.

Hey everyone, so I actually just passed my BCPS as well (this being my second attempt). I have also been considering taking the BCCCPS. But there has been a realization that I truly learned during this process. I think we are very focused on the achievement and goal seeking of the letters after our name. With or without them, does not change the way we perform.

This idea emerged after considering the option that its a possibility that I might fail a second time. It would not make me any less of a pharmacist. I would take your time, pharmacy is a journey. There is no timeline or pressure to "check all these boxes" as fast as you can. Do not be a professional test taker but rather invest yourself into your patients. Take the exam when it feels right and you feel you are prepared and THEN use materials to supplement*.

The achievement feels different when you feel like you earned it, you understand it, and you have applied it -- not momentarily memorized it.

Hope this helps someone.

Best regards.