Having Low GRE scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HappyJoshua

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello.

I recently e-submitted only to Touro College ,both Manhattan and Bay shore ,and worried to have low GRE grade.

Even if the school's website says I can still submit an application regard less of not qualifying minimum requirement, I am worried about my noncompetitive verbal score ...

My Total GPA is 3.71
My prerequisite GPA is 3.77 (Not PTCAS)
The recently taken GRE score was : 145 Verbal, 156 Quantitative and 3.0 A.W
which is less than the school's minimum requirement of 147 in verbal session.:smack:

I did 360 hrs of volunteering in both nursing home and clinic setting with some other community services.

In threads, I saw some people were told to have higher verbal score from Touro College to be competitive , but I don't really care to take exam again :(
please give me any comments for my status , Touro applicants are more than welcome:luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
From what I've heard, the GRE has significantly less weight on an application compared to your GPA. Many programs see it as a "pass/fail" kind of test. That being the case, since you didn't pass the school's minimums, I would be slightly worried. If you would of reached their minimums, I would say you have a very solid application.

I would contact these programs ( speak to director if possible ) and see what they say. With your excellent GPA you might be ok. If they say you need to raise your GRE make sure they will accept a retake. Cram for the verbal and retake ASAP.

Members don't see this ad :)
a lot of schools use gpa and gre as a filter to reject a lot of applications. If you aren't event at the minimum, you will most likely get passed over pretty quickly. If they state a minimum score, they state it for a reason.

Thanks for all the advice!

I should talk to the admission committees at Touro college DPT Open house in two weeks.

Definitely talk to admissions about it because there are certain instances, mine included, where don't quite meet the minimum GRE cutoff, but have received interviews and acceptances due to the rest of my application. Best way to see what you need to do is go to the source and ask admissions, best of luck!