Having problems finding a D.O.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jumpman04

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, you all seem much more aware of things then I do, so I had a quick question. What's the best way to find a D.O. to shadow around my area? I live in a suburb near Chicago, but don't really know any D.O.'s I can shadow... Please don't tell me I have to look through the yellow pages cause I know there's got to be a better method than that :laugh:... Is there any resources that allow me to locate a D.O. that is open to shadowers?

Members don't see this ad.

It has me select a COM... what am I supposed to do there?

Members don't see this ad :)
It has me select a COM... what am I supposed to do there?

It's just a search engine (you don't have to fill in every field), if you want to find a DO from a certain school then pick a school, if you don't care leave it blank

I don't want to come off sounding stupid (maybe too late for that) but it seems as though this site is meant for people currently in a D.O. school... I got to the screen where they had a whole bunch of doctors. I selected a few then clicked next... Not exactly sure what my next move is supposed to be cause there is no option for 'shadowing'. Would that go under 'Other' and I fill in shadowing or what? thanks guys

I actually used the site mentioned by Ibn rushd. It can be used to find a DO to shadow. Just select your state and it will give you a list of DO's. You will then be able to briefly introduce yourself and indicate your looking for someone to shadow. ( there is no option for shadowing, but u can type that up yourself) I got a few responses; albeit one of them was creepy..
SO yeah, us pre meds can use it too!