Having trouble deciding between mattresses?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magyarzorag

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
I know a mattress is important, so I want to buy as good of a mattress as possible without spending too much money

I’ve narrowed down to 3 mattresses

1. Zinus 8 inch memory foam: $129 (Made in China)

2. Grantec 10 inch memory foam: $180
(Made in Indonesia)

3. Zinus 13 inch Eurotop hybrid $300
(Made in Italy)

I’m really considering getting the 13 inch mattress m, as I prefer plush mattresses since I’m a side sleeper, I have a very low bed frame, and $300 is apparently still considered cheap for a mattress. Most importantly, that mattress is made in Italy, and it has several safety certifications that the other mattresses don’t (since I’m spending hours every day on it, I don’t want to be exposed to harmful VOCs that may be present in the other Asian made mattresses)

Members don't see this ad.

There's a website called Mdn "The Mattress Doctor Network" should check it out. I think you'll find your answer there.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Is there no one in your offline life that can help you with this decision?

Edit: But if I must...go with the Zinus 13 inch Eurotop hybrid

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
There's a website called Mdn "The Mattress Doctor Network" should check it out. I think you'll find your answer there.
No no, I think you're confusing it with SMN-the Student Mattress Network. Common mistake.

Reactions: 1 user
People joking about your post and this post may turn out to be trolling but I was seriously going to make a similar post LOL

I’m also wondering if I can skip the bed frame/box spring and just plop a mattress on the floor and call it a day.

People joking about your post and this post may turn out to be trolling but I was seriously going to make a similar post LOL

I’m also wondering if I can skip the bed frame/box spring and just plop a mattress on the floor and call it a day.

you do not want to put memory foam directly on the floor/carpet. it absorbs moisture and doesnt vent. it'll get mold.
first hand experience in med school. had to toss the mattress after a year.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
I thought you were gonna get an air mattress and sleep in the lecture halls after-hours, OP. What killed that dream?

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.