• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Having trouble deciding between mattresses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magyarzorag

Membership Revoked
Removed
Jun 21, 2019
  1. Medical Student
I know a mattress is important, so I want to buy as good of a mattress as possible without spending too much money

I’ve narrowed down to 3 mattresses

1. Zinus 8 inch memory foam: $129 (Made in China)

2. Grantec 10 inch memory foam: $180
(Made in Indonesia)

3. Zinus 13 inch Eurotop hybrid $300
(Made in Italy)

I’m really considering getting the 13 inch mattress m, as I prefer plush mattresses since I’m a side sleeper, I have a very low bed frame, and $300 is apparently still considered cheap for a mattress. Most importantly, that mattress is made in Italy, and it has several safety certifications that the other mattresses don’t (since I’m spending hours every day on it, I don’t want to be exposed to harmful VOCs that may be present in the other Asian made mattresses)

catnip12

2+ Year Member
Jun 15, 2018
  1. Medical Student
Is there no one in your offline life that can help you with this decision?

Edit: But if I must...go with the Zinus 13 inch Eurotop hybrid

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
About the Ads
D

deleted688779

People joking about your post and this post may turn out to be trolling but I was seriously going to make a similar post LOL

I’m also wondering if I can skip the bed frame/box spring and just plop a mattress on the floor and call it a day.

DrOrthoSpineMD

Jun 30, 2020
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
People joking about your post and this post may turn out to be trolling but I was seriously going to make a similar post LOL

I’m also wondering if I can skip the bed frame/box spring and just plop a mattress on the floor and call it a day.

you do not want to put memory foam directly on the floor/carpet. it absorbs moisture and doesnt vent. it'll get mold.
first hand experience in med school. had to toss the mattress after a year.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads
Status
Not open for further replies.