Having trouble with Micro?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZonaRidicularis

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
z

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm having an awful time with Micro and it seems like the general consensus for Micro is CMMRS but I can't quite get a grasp on it. Do you think this website is comparable/better/worse than CMMRS? Thanks!!

I'd also like to know the best micro book. Is micro made ridiculously simple any good?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd also like to know the best micro book. Is micro made ridiculously simple any good?

I used Levinson during my Micro course (the same book everyone suggests for its immuno section). I had MMRS but barely touched it. With that said, my fresh new MMRS copy arrives tomorrow since I find it unbearable to read the bland text-only Lange drivel that comprises the Levinson book for USMLE prep. I'll probably still use it for immunology though...I heard it's around 90pgs.

I also ordered MicroCards, so that I can do some quick flash recall every night during bugs & drugs sessions before going to sleep. I suck at memorizing, and I think micro/pharma are 99.9% rote memory-based so hopefully flashcards will be a big help.

Ok question abt CMMRS, did you guys do the pharm (anti-bacterial, anti-fungals, anti-virals) from there, or was the FA pharm for these parts sufficient? I'm trying to read CMMRS in a week, so if there are parts I can cut out, and just get from FA instead, that would be helpful.:)

Ok question abt CMMRS, did you guys do the pharm (anti-bacterial, anti-fungals, anti-virals) from there, or was the FA pharm for these parts sufficient? I'm trying to read CMMRS in a week, so if there are parts I can cut out, and just get from FA instead, that would be helpful.:)

I'm no expert but I think MMRS in 1 week is completely feasible with the whole shebang. No need to skimp out. The rockstars of SDN do it in 3-4 days.

Yes, in addition, I would recommend doing micro first. Its one of those thorn in the side subjects and if you get it out of the way and let it sit for a bit, it all starts to make sense.