Hawaii at Hilo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PolymeraseIII

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So just out of curiosity, what happened to the pharmacy program at Hawaii Hilo? Reading all this stuff about California Northstate just made me wonder. Is Hawaii just no longer functioning as a pharmacy school? On their website it says they are fully accredited and everything, but I thought that wasn't the case.

Members don't see this ad.

So just out of curiosity, what happened to the pharmacy program at Hawaii Hilo? Reading all this stuff about California Northstate just made me wonder. Is Hawaii just no longer functioning as a pharmacy school? On their website it says they are fully accredited and everything, but I thought that wasn't the case.

UH Hilo recently was given full accreditation.

You can also check here on the PSAR: http://www.aacp.org/resources/student/pharmacyforyou/admissions/Documents/PSAR-1213_narratives.pdf (it's on page 58, or just CTRL+F and search for Hawaii)

The PSAR states full accreditation :)

I believe you're thinking about Hawaii COP which is not the same as UH Hilo.

Members don't see this ad :)
UH Hilo and HICP are completely different schools. UH Hilo is part of the state/public school system and would technically be funded by taxpayers. HICP was a for profit private school that shut down in 2005(?) Plus, they're located on 2 different islands; UH Hilo's on the Big Island and HICP was on Oahu. And UHH is fully accredited, as of 2011. HICP didn't bother seeking accreditation

UH Hilo is a fully legitimate, state supported pharmacy school with full accreditation and at least 2 classes that have graduated. I personally visited the campus and can vouch for its legitimacy and quality of faculty.

You're confused with HICP, which is a defunct school from the mid-2000's that ceased operations and left students in a lurch.

Ah I see, well that makes more sense. I guess I thought they were the same school before.

If you're bored, you should check out the 40 pgs of hicp thread.