Hawai'i!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OB1🤙

Breaking Good
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Come practice in paradise! Fun, young group. High acuity practice, you will not lose any skills. Lots of regional. Phenomenal W2 benefits. Various tracks available:

-Full partnership track.
-40 hour position.
-"Hybrid" track with occasional call
-Nocturnist track with three 12-hour overnight shifts per week, spend the rest of your life living. Can work more often as well.

PM me for details. Cardiac, peds, ICU positions are all available as well.

Members don't see this ad.

Academic or private?

Care to share which island?

Possible to set up a recurring locums nocturnist gig?

Reactions: 1 user
Private, not academic. Vast majority of the time doing your own cases. On 'Oahu.

100% absolutely possible to set up a recurring locums nocturnist gig!

Members don't see this ad :)
Private, not academic. Vast majority of the time doing your own cases. On 'Oahu.

100% absolutely possible to set up a recurring locums nocturnist gig!

Wheels are turning. I’ll be in touch.

I don’t suppose there’s any possibility of moving the practice to Hanalei?

Come practice in paradise! Fun, young group. High acuity practice, you will not lose any skills. Lots of regional. Phenomenal W2 benefits. Various tracks available:

-Full partnership track.
-40 hour position.
-"Hybrid" track with occasional call
-Nocturnist track with three 12-hour overnight shifts per week, spend the rest of your life living. Can work more often as well.

PM me for details. Cardiac, peds, ICU positions are all available as well.
How about 3 years from now? (Current PGY-2, considering CT fellowship) Do you envision continued growth of your group over the next few years?

We’ve spoken in PM and we shall speak again, especially since I have the rate limiting step complete

Moving to Hawaii is one of those things that always seems like a better idea than it really is

I do this pro/con list at least once a year, but the pros have started stacking up so I went ahead and got licensed. Almost didn't come back after my last vacation to Kauai, although I agree with Salty, Hanalei is legit, but also don't sleep on Big Island. Let's just say there are a couple IG ladies that advertise the Big Island well.

Surprised how cheap the HI license is. What was the turnaround time from application to receiving the license? Goin’ back to the Princeville/Hanalei in August. Maybe have to puddle jump over to Oahu for an interview although I’d just be on the locums plan right now. Grew roots at my current gig.

My favorite IG lady is a Brit. Check out Demi Rose Mawby if she’s not already in the que.

Most of my college roommates were from the Big I. If I hear one more Pepper song I’m gonna blow my brains out (and like that flavor of Reggae).
Surprisingly fast if you have everything in order It does make you realize how big a rip off that is the CA license. Check out AbigailNDavid...she tastefully fine