HCA-UH Kingwood Internal Medicine accreditation warning

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CliffordMd

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Recently, I noticed a change in accreditation status for the IM program at the HCA-University of Houston affiliated Kingwood location. It went from initial accreditation to initial accreditation with a warning. I am applying through ERAS this cycle and was bummed to see this change. I know the warning could signify a big problem or a simple change that can be made within the allotted time period.

Does anyone have any clue what caused the warning at this program or how we could find out? Should I still consider applying?

Also, anyone who has any feedback in general about the program would be helpful. I know the HCA stereotype in terms of teaching depends on the attending's desire to invest in creating great physicians but the affiliated tier of UH should help with that some?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As a resident at Kingwood, just wanted to provide an update that we just received continued accreditation status without warnings.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.