Heads up Davis Interviewees

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

critterologist

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had a troubling experience today with my Davis interview, and wanted to make sure that no one gets stuck in a bad spot. I got an e-mail from the first year student that I expressed an interest in meeting, and she said that she would be happy to take me to some classes on the day of my interview. Problem was, the day she refered to as my interview date was not the day I had scheduled my interview for. I called the office to confirm, and they had NO record of my ever having called and scheduled an interview. Now I know I wasn't dreaming, I had scheduled my interview for the very first day of interviews. And of course, all the dates are full now. She told me that they had added a new day at the end to accomadate leftover people, but she also mentioned that 20 people had never scheduled interviews. I am intending to call again on the first day I scheduled to interview for just to confirm once more the correct day and to make sure there aren't three faculty members sitting there with my file and no me. Those of you who have scheduled interviews might want to reconfirm the dates, as had I not received the e-mail from the first year, I would never have known about the confusion. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Sheesh - that's weird and scary. I was planning to confirm my date/time, but now that I actually have a flight scheduled, I'm gonna skip the waiting time and try to confirm today!

Speaking of first-years contacting us, I indicated that I would like a first year to contact me but I haven't heard from anyone yet (but then again, I'm not sure how long it takes). Anyone in the same boat?

Sheesh - that's weird and scary. I was planning to confirm my date/time, but now that I actually have a flight scheduled, I'm gonna skip the waiting time and try to confirm today!

Speaking of first-years contacting us, I indicated that I would like a first year to contact me but I haven't heard from anyone yet (but then again, I'm not sure how long it takes). Anyone in the same boat?

We just got your information in the last day or two, and and trying to contact you guys this week. If you haven't heard from your 1st year soon (today, maybe) feel free to drop me a PM and I'll send you the email of the first year coordinating the matching up of 1st years with applicants. :)

That's really disturbing about the interview dates...I hope that isn't wide spread!! Davis usually has their stuff together, even if they're somewhat tight lipped with the information.

same thing happened to me. i recieved an email saying they had (finally) recieved my fall transcipt. i sent an email back thanking them for keeping gme up-dated and saying i looked forward to my interview.

an email came that said there was no record of me having scheduled an interview. i'm flying in from MO, so i was pretty worried. when i called back they found the interview that i had scheduled on march 3ed and said something about there being two lists, but, i would advise people to call and confirm.

as if this isn't nerve wracking enough!!