headscarf ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yesmeena

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My brother just referred me to this site , everyone's so helpful , it's great !

I'm an IMG/US citizen seeking a Pediatric residency,through 2007 MATCH .

Can anyone advise me on which States/Cities/Hospitals I'd have a better chance at getting accepted ? You know ; equal oppurtunity , no stereotyping !

Do you know about any current residents wearing it who got fair oppurtunities ? The two I know are USGs .

I'd appreciate any guidance. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, Yesmeena

I've know a lot of IMGs. You need to apply to as many programs as possible (or as your finances will permit). This will increase your chances of getting into at least one since the match is much tougher for IMGs.

U.S. Hospitals are not supposed to discriminate against applicants based on religion. It is stongly discouraged. UPMC, the hospital I'm at for med school, has a lot of residents who hear hejab and I've never seen or heard of any problems. Residencies in Michigan are also likely to be friendly since there are large Muslim (I'm assuming you are Muslim) communities out there. Ditto for SoCal. Don't apply to many programs in the Deep South. I've heard things. I don't know if they're true but better safe than sorry. This is NOT meant as an insult against anyone from that region so don't flame me.

Good luck

yesmeena said:
My brother just referred me to this site , everyone's so helpful , it's great !

I'm an IMG/US citizen seeking a Pediatric residency,through 2007 MATCH .

Can anyone advise me on which States/Cities/Hospitals I'd have a better chance at getting accepted ? You know ; equal oppurtunity , no stereotyping !

Do you know about any current residents wearing it who got fair oppurtunities ? The two I know are USGs .

I'd appreciate any guidance. Thanks.