Health Ethics Course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

trinnieoh

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm having trouble finding a college or community college near me that offers an ethics course involving health related professions. This is a pre-requisite for a school I'm planning to apply to next year. I go to a small liberal arts college and I plan to call the larger university in the city to ask, since my search of their website has been aggravatingly fruitless. Anyhoo, has anyone had the same problem before?

I'm really not willing to drive a long way(+45minutes) to get to a place that offers that course.

Oh and another question is that if this is the only pre-req I wouldn't be able to finish (if i don't find out otherwise when I call the university); has anyone made special arrangements with their pharmacy school to take it with their professional studies?

Thanks guys :p

Members don't see this ad.

There are probably many colleges that offer this or similar classes online. Start with in-state schools, but theoretically you could take a class anywhere in the country. At worst you would have to find someone to proctor your exams.

trinnieoh said:
Hi,

I'm having trouble finding a college or community college near me that offers an ethics course involving health related professions. This is a pre-requisite for a school I'm planning to apply to next year. I go to a small liberal arts college and I plan to call the larger university in the city to ask, since my search of their website has been aggravatingly fruitless. Anyhoo, has anyone had the same problem before?

I'm really not willing to drive a long way(+45minutes) to get to a place that offers that course.

Oh and another question is that if this is the only pre-req I wouldn't be able to finish (if i don't find out otherwise when I call the university); has anyone made special arrangements with their pharmacy school to take it with their professional studies?

Thanks guys :p

Call the school that you are applying to...I know Xavier requests that you take Health Ethics and they assist students that have problems finding an university that offers the class. Also see who offers that class as an independent study course... :)

Caliyaddamean said:
Call the school that you are applying to...I know Xavier requests that you take Health Ethics and they assist students that have problems finding an university that offers the class. Also see who offers that class as an independent study course... :)

Thats exactly the school I was talking about :laugh: . But do you know a current number I could reach them at? I didn't know if it changed post-Katrina. If you did, could you PM me with it?