Health MBA vs other kind of MBA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shredder

User
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
im hearing talk that if you do md/mba you have to do some kind of health mba. will i have an opportunity to get an mba in something like economics, finance, or anything else as well? im not gungho about health mba, but i am gungho about other mba concentrations.

Members don't see this ad.

Some programs are strictly health MBA, but others just want you to take a few electives in it while you can concetrate on other aspects.

I am in the process of making a sticky for this forum that roughly details most of the md/mba programs.

ooo...im really starting to be limited in the number of programs im seriously looking at. its already in the single digits. crap i hope i dont run into adcoms that have beef with me.

flindophile said:
...a "concentration" usually means that you have taken a course or two more than someone else...

I agree with this point -- it's actually usually pretty easy to get multiple concentrations with very little extra effort if you choose your courses wisely - especially so if you have any undergrad courses that let you place out of some of the basic things.